Whether you're a Michael Jackson groupie or Brat Pack fan, relive your favorite '80s moment in the Awesome '80s Run. If that's not enough motivation to sign up, here are 10 rad reasons to run this majorly far out 5K/10K event.
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." – Ferris Bueller's Day Off
10. Race T-Shirts and Bags"Wax on, wax off." - The Karate Kid 1 of 11
Forget boring race T-shirts—participants get an Awesome '80s tee. Did we mention it's neon! Choose which color you want, and wear it proudly. Plus, you'll receive a colorful bag that you can fill with other awesome '80s keepsakes.
9. Rockin' '80s Tunes"We built this city on rock n' roll." - Jefferson Starship 2 of 11
After runners cross the finish line, they can rock out to their favorite '80s music with a live cover band.
8. Give Back to the Community"I'm starting with the man in the mirror." - Michael Jackson 3 of 11
Superhero Events chooses one official charity per city to sponsor; most are specifically aimed at helping homeless youth. So go on, run for a cause.
7. Everyone is Welcomed"Hey bud, let's party!" - Fast Times at Ridgemont High 4 of 11
No matter your age or level, everyone is encouraged to come out for the Awesome '80s run. Whether you're 5 or 95, come on out for a totally gnarly time.
6. Go Back to the Future"Where's the beef?" - Wendy's Commercial 5 of 11
Whether you "feel the need for speed" or "just wanna have fun", relive some of your favorite '80s memories. What you might see: •Run DMC •The Hulk •Ghostbusters •Neon •Slap Bracelets •And tons more
5. Awards Galore"I'll have what she's having." - When Harry Met Sally 6 of 11
Whether you want to win the fastest 5K or 10K time or best costume, there are many ways to win an award. Categories are: •Largest Team •Fastest 5K Team •Fastest 10K Team •Most Awesome Team Name •Raddest Team Costumes
4. The Awesome Course"I feel the need...the need for speed!" - Top Gun 7 of 11
Choose from a 5K or 10K and rock out as hard as you want on the course. If you don't feel like running, no problem. People can walk, hula hoop, roller skate or cartwheel the course while decked out in '80s garb!
3. Dress in Your Alter Ego"Does Barry Manilow know you raid his wardrobe?" - The Breakfast Club 8 of 11
Embrace your inner '80s and put on your favorite attire. Running in a costume is plain old fun. That's what makes the Awesome '80s Run so different; literally everyone dresses up. It's one big '80s party.
2. Bitchin' Medals"Nobody puts Baby in the corner." - Dirty Dancing 9 of 11
Break out of that corner, run the Awesome '80s Run, cross the finish line, and receive your totally tubular finisher medal.
1. The DeLorean"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads." - Back to the Future 10 of 11
Stop by and see one of the most iconic cars in movie history. Take pictures and see the Back to the Future car up close and personal.