- Towel (small to wipe off feet)
- Cycling shoes
- Cycling socks (if you choose to wear)
- Race belt with number attached
- Lubricant (feet, under arms, etc.)
- Fuel for the bike
- Running shoes
- Running socks
- Towel (again for your feet)
- Running shorts (if changing)
- Case to deposit glasses (I do not wear for the run, as they get messy, and late in the day you do not need them. Also, without glasses, you can pour water on your head and still be able to see.)
- Fuel for the run
Sample Items for Special Needs Bags
Bike: Extra bottles of race fuel, bars and gels. Freeze your bottles the night before and wrap them in aluminum foil—it helps insulate the bottles, keeping them cool. You can also buy a soft small collapsible cooler (six-pack size) to keep your bottles cool.
Run: Fuel needed for last half of the run. Freeze some of your race-fuel in a disposable water bottle and wrap in aluminum foil or use a cooler.
Search for your next triathlon.