IRONMAN surveyed participants from its races all over the world, and here's what they had to say about the top 10 in each respective category.
Overall Satisfaction (below)
Best Overall Swim
Best Overall Bike
Best Overall Run
Best Race Venue Experience
Best Host City Experience
Best Post-Race Celebration
Will Attend Next Year
Will Recommend to a Friend
1. Strandräuber IRONMAN 70.3 Ruegen: "All the goodies we received and the race talk got me really excited. Just the atmosphere in general was incredible."
2. IRONMAN 70.3 Vichy: "The atmosphere was amazing, very organized and the course/ route was outstanding, plus the water hoses at stations during the run was perfect, just what I needed in that heat. This made my experience so much better. I will definitely return again."
T3. Wonderful Indonesia IRONMAN 70.3 Bintan: "The excitement and enthusiasm of the locals and staff around the event. It really made you feel like you were a part of something amazing and very welcome."
T3. IRONMAN 70.3 Rio de Janiero: "This race is one of the best in the sport anywhere!"
5. SiS IRONMAN 70.3 Otepaa presented by Ferroline Group: "It attracted a big crowd and made it nice to compete with so many people. The choice of Otepää was sublime: lake was clean, beach nice, bike in beautiful rolling hills. Run course was fantastic. Finish area was very nicely organized with food and massage."
6. Sinox IRONMAN 70.3 Taiwan: "Excellent race and support team."
7. SunSmart IRONMAN 70.3 Busselton: "An overall positive vibe of everyone involved!"
8. IRONMAN 70.3 St. Polten: "It was so beautiful! All of it was just breathtaking. The Austrian people were also so friendly, which was great."
9. IRONMAN 70.3 Korea-Gurye: "I loved everything about this race, but especially the volunteers, they helped me get through a tough day."
10. Enea IRONMAN 70.3 Gdynia, presented by Herbalife Nutrition: "I wish it could have lasted longer! I travel around the world for running events and it has been one of the best organized races so far! Awesome job guys!"
1. Kellogg's Nutri-Grain IRONMAN New Zealand: "This race is simply epic—a classic, time-honored IRONMAN tradition."
2. IRONMAN France: "Swimming in the Mediterranean, cycling in the Alps, running along the seafront. It was an incredible, unforgettable day."
3. Subaru IRONMAN Canada: "I love IRONMAN Canada. It's a family event: The kids do IRONKIDS and my husband and I do the IRONMAN race. Whistler is the perfect location for this event—we will be back next year!"
4. Standard Bank IRONMAN African Championship, South Africa: "This race made me fall in love with IRONMAN racing and the awe inspiring country of South Africa. It was truly memorable."
5. IRONMAN Lake Placid: "Whether you are a professional, elite, or newbie, everyone is made to feel valued and feel like they are important at this event. It's hard to explain to someone just what you go through during an IRONMAN, and it's great to revel in one's success at a course like this with its amazing community and volunteers. The town really gets behind this event and that is so unique."
6. Little Debbie IRONMAN Chattanooga presented by McKee A Family Bakery: "It was my third IRONMAN and I found the volunteer support absolutely top notch."
7. IRONMAN Vichy: "This was truly a spotless, premier event."
8. IRONMAN Louisville presented by Norton Sports Health: "One of the coolest finish lines I've ever crossed."
9. IRONMAN Wisconsin: "I can't say enough about this race. I return year after year and it never disappoints."
10. IRONMAN Coeur d'Alene: "This race is simply a classic."