This easy-peasy salad comes together quickly and features gorgeous grilled oranges. Grilling fruit is a fabulous way to ease out its natural sweetness without adding sugar. I like to top these with grilled chicken to make a simple, satisfying whole-meal salad.
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon Pomegranate juice (such as Pom Wonderful)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 naval oranges, peeled and cut into 1/2"-thick slices
- 3 cups (packed) fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced very thinly
- 3 oz. crumbled fresh goat cheese
Nutrition Events Near You
Whisk together 2 tbsp olive oil, the balsamic vinegar, the pomegranate juice and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Brush a grill or grill pan lightly with oilive oil and heat over high heat. Grill the oranges for a few minutes on each side, just until grill marks appear. Remove from heat and set aside.
Toss the spinach and onions with the dressing and divide between plates (two large ones or four small ones). Top each plate with a few slices of grilled orange, goat cheese and freshly-cracked black pepper.
Serves 2 to 4.race near you.