It can be hard to justify turning on the stove when temperatures rise in the summertime. Instead, try this cool, protein-packed, and satisfying salad. Keep cooked, chopped chicken, cooked turkey bacon and hard-boiled eggs on-hand in your refrigerator and simply toss together when the craving strikes.
More: Recipe for a Tasty Salad
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups (packed) mixed greens
- 1 6-8 oz chicken breast, cooked (boiled or poached) and chopped
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 2 Roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 2 strips turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tbsp crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1 jalape?o, sliced (optional)
- Whisk together the olive oil, balsamic and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste, whisk again and set aside.
- Place the greens in a large salad bowl. Layer with the remaining ingredients, as pictured.
- Toss with dressing (or serve on the side).
Serves 2 (as an entree) or 4 (as a side dish/starter).
Sign up for a nutrition plan.