Rotisserie chicken is a convenient lifesaver for tired athletes and busy parents who want to create fast, healthy meals without investing a lot of time on prep and clean up.
According to the National Chicken Council, three ounces of skinless chicken breast contains 31 grams of protein—more than half the daily recommended amount of protein for adult females (46 grams) and males (56 grams). Chicken is a good source of vitamins B3, 6, 7 and 12, which help regulate blood sugar, encourage and maintain cell growth, and aid in proper immune system function.
Whether you're rungry and looking for a fast way to help speed recovery post-workout or you need to get dinner on the table in 30 minutes, these recipes, which serve four, can help.
Chicken, Arugula and Strawberry PanzanellaIngredients
- Half whole-what baguette or bread of your choice
- 12 ounces rotisserie chicken meat in bite-sized pieces
- 6 cups arugula
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Slice bread into cubes and place on cookie sheet. Toss cubes with 2 teaspoons olive oil, two pinches of salt and one pinch of black pepper. Toast in oven for 6 to 7 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Combine all ingredients in a large salad bowl and toss well.
Creamy Chicken with Cannellini Beans and MushroomsIngredients
- 4 cups sliced mixed mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage or 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 to 16 ounces rotisserie chicken meat
- 2 cans cannellini beans
- 1 cup cashew cream*
*To make cashew cream: Soak 1 1/2 cups raw cashews in water (that rises at least an inch above the cashews) for 30 minutes. Drain and rinse cashews. Place soaked cashews in a blender or food processor; add 3/4 cup filtered water, 1 teaspoon salt and juice of 1/2 of a lemon. Blend until smooth. Makes 2 cups. Refrigerate leftovers for 3 to 4 days, or freeze for up to 6 months.