Summertime is filled with sunshine, sweaty runs, longer days and farmer's markets with an abundance of fresh produce. The best part: these items provide the fuel you need to push through your workouts and long runs.
Try these two simple recipes that provide plenty of nutrients to help you get through your toughest summer workouts.
Breakfast Protein Scramble
- 1/2 cup organic, non-GMO tofu
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small organic zucchini, sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh organic garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped organic red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon organic turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup halved organic cherry tomatoes
- Fresh organic dill sprigs, chopped
- 2 cups organic spring salad mix
In a non-toxic stir fry pan over medium heat, heat coconut oil and add zucchini, garlic, red onion and cherry tomatoes. Stir together and cook for about 5 minutes. Add tofu and turmeric powder. Mix well together. Remove from heat.
Arrange salad greens on a large plate. Scoop tofu scramble over salad greens. Sprinkle dill over dish.
Serve with fresh fruit.