We're sorry, but this activity is over. The last meeting was Monday, December 13, 2021.
IF PUMP ISSUES ARE RESOLVED THIS PROGRAM WILL COMMENCE. IF PUMP ISSUES ARE NOT RESOLVED THIS PROGRAM WILL BE REFUNDED.
A Low-impact water exercise class in shallow water; ideal for all fitness levels, including non-swimmers, and anyone recovering from injuries. The class will be offered Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:00-9:45am. Participation is limited so participants must pre-register. No drop in participation is permitted.
Please be mindful of your fellow program participants and ensure that if you can not make your class that you call either (310) 253-6650 or (310) 253-6680 to cancel your reservation by 6:00pm the evening preceding your class. This way staff can open up the space on line for other participants to register on a first come first served basis.
Adult Exercise Course GuidelinesFor the safety of all participants and to ensure the maximum enjoyment, fulfillment and participation levels for all involved the following guidelines will be enforced.
- There is no outside equipment allowed in the class without prior instructor approval.
- All participants are to follow the coached workout. If accommodations are needed, please consult with instructor prior to class to discuss the best possible way if possible to achieve them.
- Talking is to be kept at a minimum.
- Only Pre-registered participants will be permitted to enter the facility.
- Spectators are not permitted.
- Social Distancing of six (6) feet is required throughout the facility: in the water and on the deck.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times while in the building and while on deck.
- Lockers will not be available for use.
- All belongings must be brought out and left by the assigned lane marker.
- Kickboards and pull buoys will not be available for use. Patrons must bring their own.
- Participants are limited to a 1 participant per quadrant.
- Participants must stay in the center of their quadrant.
- Showers will not be available after swimming. Participants must shower/change at home.
- Items left on the deck after a swim session will be disposed of immediately following the exercise session.
- Water fountains are available for filling water bottles only.
- Restrooms and sinks are disinfected between each exercise session only. Wash your hands thoroughly after use.
- Should a participant not abide by the above, the instructor and the City of Culver City reserves the right to ask the participant to leave the class.
Check in, Class Staging and Exit Procedure
- Check in will begin outside the plunge at 15 minutes to the hour.
- Participants will line up along either the North or South side of the building along the outside of the men's and women’s locker room in the designated spaces marked on the pavement .
- Staff will hand out gloves to all participants in line.
- Then staff will come back around scan the participant's temperature and the participant must record it check-in/fill out the Daily COVID-19 symptom check form.
- Participants will walk straight out to the deck through the lobby doors.
- Restrooms are cleaned and disinfected at the end of each session. Use at your own risk.
- Cones will be placed 6 feet in front of each lane for participants to leave their belonging by.
- Swimmers are to leave their belongings next to the cone in front of their assigned Space.
- All participants must shower at the newly installed outdoor showers before entering the pool.
- There will be a 5-minute warning (3 short whistle blasts) 5 minutes prior to the end of the swim session.
- Participants must leave immediately at the conclusion of their session.
- Indoor showers, locker room and changing area will not be available for use.
- Participants will all exit through the south west gate at the conclusion of their exercise session.
- Daily Screening for all staff and patrons entering the facility
- Face covering guidelines will be strictly enforced
- Social distancing of six (6) feet will be strictly enforced
- All patrons enter the facility through the sanitation and symptoms check station at the main entrance off of Veteran’s park.
- All patrons will exit the facility through the south west gate
- Frequent hand washing when not in the pool is encouraged
- There will be no sharing of equipment
- Between each lap swim/program block there is a 10/15 minute disinfection period where all high touch surfaces will be disinfected prior to the next group entering.
City Recreation Staff