Water orientation and basic skills in front and back swims are the focus of this level. Children are introduced to deep water activities and proper use of a Personal Flotation Device (PFD). Endurance is built through a 10 meter swim. Designed for children 6 years of age and older.Participants must be minimum age by course start date.
Prerequisite: Red Cross Swim - Sunfish or Red Cross Swim Kids - Level 1 or equivalency
Next Level: Red Cross Swim Kids - Level 3 or Red Cross Swim Kids - Level 3 Premium
Prerequisite: Red Cross Swim - Sunfish or Red Cross Swim Kids - Level 1 or equivalency.
• SEA OTTER: 1 PARENT/GUARDIAN is REQUIRED to participate in-water with participants in an effort to assist in enforcing social distancing/active supervision/assisting your child
• SALAMANDER, SUNFISH, CROCODILE, WHALE, SWIM KIDS 1, 2 and 3: 1 PARENT/GUARDIAN is STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to participate in-water with participants in an effort to assist in enforcing social distancing/active supervision/assisting your child; one parent/guardian is to be prepared to enter the water for each lesson to assist their child
• All family members complete a self-assessment prior to arrival; should any family member feel unwell, no members of the family attend the facility
• All lesson participants (and parent/guardian designated to assist in-water when applicable) arrive lesson-ready (in swimsuits); changeroom access will be restricted to washroom use only
• Pool deck viewing space will be limited (please expect to stand for the duration of your child’s lesson).. For the above-mentioned levels, a maximum of one parent/caregiver per household is asked to be present on the pool deck ready to accompany their child in the water.
• The participant (or accompanying parent/guardian) is to bring all equipment to disinfectant zone for hyper-chlorination at the end of the lesson.
Learn to Swim
SOP - Shallow - Lane 2 at Seven Oaks Pool
To Be Determined