Learn the fundamentals of swimming in this entry level. This program provides an orientation to the water. Children will build confidence and become comfortable jumping into shallow water, doing floats, glides and kicks. Endurance is built through a 5 meter swim. Designed for children 6 years of age and older, beginning swim lessons. Participants must be minimum age by course start date.
Prerequisite: 6 years of age
Next Level: Red Cross Swim Kids - Level 2 or Red Cross Swim Kids - Level 2 Premium
Prerequisite: 6 years of age.
• SEA OTTER: 1 PARENT/GUARDIAN is REQUIRED to participate in-water with participants in an effort to assist in enforcing social distancing/active supervision/assisting your child
• SALAMANDER, SUNFISH, CROCODILE, WHALE, SWIM KIDS 1, 2 and 3: 1 PARENT/GUARDIAN is STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to participate in-water with participants in an effort to assist in enforcing social distancing/active supervision/assisting your child; one parent/guardian is to be prepared to enter the water for each lesson to assist their child
• All family members complete a self-assessment prior to arrival; should any family member feel unwell, no members of the family attend the facility
• All lesson participants (and parent/guardian designated to assist in-water when applicable) arrive lesson-ready (in swimsuits); changeroom access will be restricted to washroom use only
• Pool deck viewing space will be limited (please expect to stand for the duration of your child’s lesson).. For the above-mentioned levels, a maximum of one parent/caregiver per household is asked to be present on the pool deck ready to accompany their child in the water.
• The participant (or accompanying parent/guardian) is to bring all equipment to disinfectant zone for hyper-chlorination at the end of the lesson.
Learn to Swim
SOP - Shallow - Lane 1 at Seven Oaks Pool
To Be Determined