We're sorry, but this activity is over. The last meeting was Tuesday, September 28, 2021.
This fun class is a transitional level for 3 - 5 year olds who are progressing towards independent participation with the instructor. Parent/caregiver must accompany the child in the water until the instructor indicates otherwise. We will help them jump into shallow water. They will try assisted floats and glides on their front and back. They will learn to open their eyes and blow bubbles underwater. Participants must be minimum age by course start date.
Next Level: 5 years and under - Red Cross Swim - Salamander; 6 years and older - Red Cross Swim Kids Level 1 or Red Cross Swim Kids Level 1 Premium
*Parent/caregiver must accompany the child in the water until the instructor indicates otherwise.
Prerequisite: 3 years of age
• SEA OTTER: 1 PARENT/GUARDIAN is REQUIRED to participate in-water with participants in an effort to assist in enforcing social distancing/active supervision/assisting your child
• SALAMANDER, SUNFISH, CROCODILE, WHALE, SWIM KIDS 1, 2 and 3: 1 PARENT/GUARDIAN is STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to participate in-water with participants in an effort to assist in enforcing social distancing/active supervision/assisting your child; one parent/guardian is to be prepared to enter the water for each lesson to assist their child
• All family members complete a self-assessment prior to arrival; should any family member feel unwell, no members of the family attend the facility
• All lesson participants (and parent/guardian designated to assist in-water when applicable) arrive lesson-ready (in swimsuits); changeroom access will be restricted to washroom use only
• Pool deck viewing space will be limited (please expect to stand for the duration of your child’s lesson).. For the above-mentioned levels, a maximum of one parent/caregiver per household is asked to be present on the pool deck ready to accompany their child in the water.
• The participant (or accompanying parent/guardian) is to bring all equipment to disinfectant zone for hyper-chlorination at the end of the lesson.
* THIS PROGRAM RUNS ON TUESDAYS AND THURSDAYS FOR SEVEN CLASSES *
Learn to Swim
SJACP - Shallow Tank at St. James Assiniboia Centennial Pool
To Be Determined