We're sorry, but this activity is over. The last meeting was Friday, December 10, 2021.
In this 35-hour Assistant Lifeguard course the objective is to provide training in prevention of injuries, responding to emergencies, rescue and lifeguard skills, along with safe behaviours and working as part of a team.
- Attend and participate in 100 % of the course.
- Demonstrate adherence to the Lifeguard Code of Conduct.
- Successfully demonstrate competency in required skills, activities and final evaluation.
- Current Emergency First Aid with CPR-C or Standard First Aid with CPR-C (participants must provide First-aid card to the instructor at the first class)
- 13 years of age by the last day of the course.
Next Red Cross Level:
- 15 years of age by the last day: Red Cross - Pool Lifeguard (PLG)
- 15 years of age by the last day: Red Cross – Water Safety Instructor (WSI)
Email required to access the comprehensive Guide for First Aid & CPR e-book.
All required texts are included in course fee. No refunds after online access granted. Awards are issued to the candidate electronically through email. Certification of this award is for 2 years.
The following items must be purchased in order to participate
- 1 CPR pocket mask with a 1-way valve
- 1 whistle (recommended Fox 40)
- 6 pairs of latex-free gloves
- 2 roller gauzes
- 5 triangular bandages
- 10 gauze pads
- 1 golf pencil
- 1 silver mylar blanket.
Please do not attend this reservation if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, travelled outside of the province in the last 14 days, or have been in contact with anyone confirmed to be infected with COVID -19. The onsite supervisor has the right to allow or prevent access to any part of the pool or the pool in its entirety should there be any safety concerns regarding the patron’s use of the facility.
Please maintain a 2-meter (6 feet) separation between staff and patrons whenever possible; limit close encounters to less than 10 minutes (not applicable to people living together in the same household)
Please arrive dressed to swim; access to showers, lockers, washrooms will be reduced and cleaned frequently, as will public spaces
Please bring your own face mask. You will be required to wear a mask to enter civic facilities and your mask must be worn throughout this course (with exception to demonstrating in water activities and CPR resuscitation on a mannequin).
Prior to attending your course, please review the current COVID-19 screening tool found at www.gov.mb.ca and call 311 if you are unable to attend your course as scheduled.
The following health and safety precautions have been taken for the in-person attendance requirement of all courses:
- Separate entrance and exit points have been established for facilities hosting in-person courses.
- Sanitization stations will be available on-site and Covid-19 questionnaires to be verified to have been completed before entry to classroom (and access denied for anyone answering “yes” to any of the questions).
- Sanitizing of shared supplies will be completed in between each use.
- Sanitizing & cleaning of class room and contents (i.e. tables, chairs, etc.) within this room will be completed prior to the next scheduled use of the room.
- Sanitizing & cleaning of high-touch surfaces within facility will be completed several times daily.
NO CLASS ON FRIDAY OCTOBER 29
BVP - Pool/Piscine at Bonivital Pool/Piscine Bonivital