Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
*Kitsilano Community Centre2690 Larch Street Vancouver, BC, Canada V6K 4K9
DescriptionTable tennis, also known as ping-pong, is a sport in which two players hit a lightweight ball, also known as the ping-pong ball, back and forth across a table using small rackets. The game takes place on a hard table divided by a net.
• Registration begins 3 days before time slot at 9:30am.
• Each time slot is 45 mins long.
• Keep 2 metres apart at all times.
• Limit play to singles.
• Register each person from the group.
• Bring your own paddle and balls.
• Clearly mark your ball and refrain from picking up other person's ball.
• Casual game play only: no lessons allowed.
The nature of the activity is such that you may interact with other people who are considered to be in good health, continuous physical distance between other people cannot be guaranteed, and, by participating in the activity, you are at risk of being infected by a pathogen, including but not limited to SARS-COV-2. SARS-COV-2, which causes the disease COVID-19, may exacerbate other health issues and is the cause of an ongoing global pandemic. SARS-COV-2 is highly communicable and dangerous. If you become infected with SARS-COV2, you may transmit it to other people even if you are not exhibiting symptoms of illness.
GENERAL SAFE PRACTICES
• Registration and payment is required for most programs to help reduce the capacity to allow for physical distancing. Limited drop-ins may be permitted.
• Please arrive no more than 10mins prior to your program time. Patrons may be required to line up prior to entering the facility.
• Please follow physical distancing practice and maintain minimum 2 metres between yourself and others at all times.
• Please bring your own pre-filled water bottle and dress accordingly. Not all fountains and changing rooms will be available.
• The building will not be open for loitering. You will be asked to leave the building once your program has ended.
• Anyone not following safety guidelines or directions from staff will be asked to leave. Please respect and follow directions of staff at all times.
COVID-19 SAFETY POLICY
• All participants, instructors and staff who have symptoms of COVID-19 OR traveled outside Canada in the last 14 days OR were identified by Public Health as a close contact of a confirmed case must stay home and self-isolate.
• Participants must assess themselves daily for symptoms of common cold, influenza, COVID-19, or other infectious respiratory disease before attending a program.
• A participant may still receive care if another person in their home has symptoms of common cold, influenza, COVID-19, or other infectious respiratory disease, but they remain asymptomatic.
• Participants who are ill, including participants of essential service providers, will not be permitted to attend program.
• Daily checks for respiratory illness at sign-in by asking participants to confirm that they do not have symptoms of common cold, influenza, COVID-19, or other respiratory disease.
• If a participant, instructor or staff member is unsure if they should self-isolate, they should be directed to use the BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool, contact 8-1-1 or the local public health unit. They can also be advised to contact a family physician or nurse practitioner to be assessed for COVID-19 and other respiratory diseases.
ENHANCED CLEANING MEASURES
• Reducing the amount of people who can visit at one time.
• Setting up one-way travel around facilities and where it is not possible, two-way travel will be in place.
• Clearing and cleaning programming space in between classes and activities.
• Facility will be sanitized at least twice per day on all high frequency touch points in addition to any regularly scheduled overnight sanitizing/cleaning per operating days of the facility.
• Site Safety Plans available at reception desk.
6 - Adult
Lobby Room at *Kitsilano Community Centre
CCA Membership: Kitsilano Y-2
or CCA Membership: Kitsilano Y-2