The Eco Race 5K Virtual RunOctober 26 - November 15, 2020 Organized by Run For It! Productions
Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
We are at a crossroads. An unprecedented set of challenges – climate crisis, a global pandemic, racial injustice, and deep inequalities – have transformed our lives and created a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for change that we cannot overlook.
There has never been a more important time to share the global impact of the climate crisis, and how we can all take action to create the future we want. We all breathe the same air. Help Support Eco Sneakers(.ORG) as we strive to make a difference in the world today and for our future.
In our current state of contending with COVID-19, our Virtual Run is a great option. The Eco Race creates an environment of competition, camaraderie, and accountability, all within the socially distanced comfort of home!
MORE FUN, LESS WASTE
As one of the leading experts on Sports Sustainability, we feel it is our responsibility to lead the industry in event and sports sustainability practices. We aim to create a more sustainable future whilst inspiring Atlantans to #SaveWaterDon8UrShoes and lead more active lifestyles. This 5K (3.1 miles) is a run, trot or walk which is open to all levels of physical fitness. The running style encouraged is fun, and includes medals for all finishers.
Eco Sneakers is a Social Enterprise+ that provides effective and environmentally friendly opportunities with a local and global impact.
Recycle your shoes to someone who doesn’t have any.
- Did you know that 300 million pairs of sneakers are thrown into landfills each year?
-When made with ethylene, it can take up 1000 years for a midsole of sneakers to decompose.
- Did you know that it takes 2200 gallons of water to make 1 Pair of sneakers?
- Did you know that it takes roughly 3,000 shoes to make an average basketball court and 100,000 for a track or football field??
Recycling conserves resources. When we reduce, reuse, and recycle, used materials are converted into new products, thus reducing the need to consume more of our natural resources.
We also help people suffering from the terrible ramifications of walking barefoot – including illness from soil parasites and the inability to attend school – through our free shoe distributions.
When you donate used shoes to Eco Sneakers, you are helping finance our distributions of new shoes to people worldwide.
Event details and schedule
HOW TO SUBMIT TIMES AND OTHER FUN!!
You will be able to submit your 5K time anytime between 10/26/2020 and 11/15/2020. Please follow all of the steps below in order to be included in the results;
- Run or walk a 5K anywhere - even on a treadmill. If you are running/walking outside, please make sure you are following all social distancing rules and follow ALL local, state, and federal mandates!
- Take a picture of your time/distance. It can be through Strava, Garmin, Mapmyrun, or even a picture of your watch or treadmill display. As long as we can see your distance / time, you are good!
- Email your proof to email@example.com within the time window posted above. Times submitted outside of this window will not count. Please include your full name in the email. ***VERY IMPORTANT*** In the subject line of your email, please put "The Eco Run 5K Results Submission" This will help us know which event you are participating in!
- We will post complete results by 11/16/2020 at www.active.com and they will be sent out via email. Points / results for the Run and See Georgia Grand Prix will be posted as soon as possible.