Fit & Able is proud to bring back the Turkey Chase trail festival at Umstead Park! We hope you enjoyed the delicious Thanksgiving eats with your friends and family. But now it's time to burn off the turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and pie! With three distances - including a 5K, 10K, and 20K - you can choose your challenge.
When you get back to Shelter #1 we'll have fruit, brownies, and other treats waiting for you! Plus your Turkey Chase medal!
Invite your friends, pick your race, and burn off Thanksgiving dinner!
This event has limited space, so sign up quick!
Start time slots for each event:
- 8:30 - 9:00 AM - 20K
- 9:00 - 9:30 AM - 10K & 20K
- 9:30 - 10:00 AM - 5K & 10K
- 10:00 - 10:30 AM - 5K &10K
- 10:30 - 11:00 AM - 5K & 10K
- 11:00 - 11:30 AM - 5K
- 11:30 - 12:00 PM - 5K
Course closure times:
- 11:00 AM - 20K Turn Around Point Closes
- 12:00 PM - 10K Turn Around Point Closes
- 12:30 PM - 5K Turn Around Point Closes
- 12:30 PM - Course Closes
Given the nature of the course and open start times, all runners who start the race must check back in at Shelter #2 following the race so we know you're done and get your timing chip back. We also ask that you provide your cell number and carry your phone with you on your run in case we need to contact you for emergencies.
* Due to insurance policy changes we can no longer allow dogs to participate in any event with children. As a family-oriented company we choose kids! We apologize for the inconvenience. *
Event details and schedule