Skaters will learn to transition from a walk to a introductory stride using edges and then develop a "glide to their stride", learn to two foot glide and be introduced to stopping, and backwards skating.
Prerequisite: Completion of Child Level 1 or ability to INDEPENDANLTY get up and walk forward.
If your child has not recently skated, best to review prior level.
- Gloves and waterproof pants
- CSA approved helmet are required, bike helmets not made for ice
- Skate and helmet rental free with registered lesson for parent & child
- Allow adequate time prior to lessons to acquire and put on equipment
- Face cage highly encourage if providing your own helmet
- Non plastic skates provide better learning
PCCC Arena 3 (Purple) at Port Coquitlam Community Centre