Registration for the Mexico YMCA Mid-Mo Marlins 2020/2021 Winter Swim season is now open!
All Swim Team fees from previous seasons must be paid in FULL before your swimmer will be allowed to participate in swim practice.
New members to the team must “Tryout” with Coach McManus before registering for the team.
- Winter Season:
Marlins Swim Team runs September – March
Mini Marlins runs January – March (There will be no Fall session this year because Coach McManus will be coaching the high school swim team at MMA.)
The following fees are to be paid at the Mexico Area Family YMCA Front Desk after registration is complete, the registration fee and first month fee must be paid before the participant is allowed to begin practice:
- $25.00 Registration fee (not required for Mini Marlins)
- $ 5 Heartland Conference fee
- $20 for the USA FlexSwim Membership ~ You may upgrade to a Premium Membership for an additional $54. The major difference is that the FlexSwim membership limits the athlete to participation in only 2 USA Swimming Events. (Most of our meets are YMCA meets and not USA sanctioned meets. It is possible to upgrade to a Premium Membership at a later date if you decide to participate in more than 2 USA sanctioned meets.) To compare the two membership levels, visit; www.usaswimming.org/Home/join
Winter Swim participants are required to be members of the Mexico Area Family YMCA , if they are not already active members they must become members; this requires a one-time join fee and monthly membership dues.
Swim Team Monthly Fees (September – March)
- $50.00 / month for Swim Team Bronze Group
- $55.00 / month for Swim Team Silver Group
- $55.00 / month for Swim Team Gold Group
Mini Marlins Monthly Fees (January – March)
- $30.00 / month for Mini Marlins
- Sibling discount - $5.00 off monthly fees for second and subsequent siblings.
- Swim Official discount - 15% off monthly fees for swimmers with at least one parent who is a Certified USA Swim Official or Certified YMCA Swim Official.
Other required expenses include:
- Team Swimsuit for swim meets - purchased through B & B Aquatics
- Team Swim Cap for swim meets - purchased through the YMCA.
- Entry fees and transportation for home and away meets.
- Additional equipment as required for practice, such as goggles, flippers, snorkels, etc.