Mexico YMCA Mid MO Marlins Winter Swim Team 2021-22 Information
- New members to the team must “Tryout” with Coach McManus before registering for the team. Matthias McManus (Coach) Cell # (573)253-9855 Home # (573)581-1179)
- Returning team members may register at the team website.
- Season: Swim Team runs September – March
The following fees are to be paid at the Mexico Area Family YMCA Front Desk after registration is complete, the registration fee and first month fee must be paid before the participant is allowed to begin practice:
- Swim Team Monthly Fees (September – March) - $55.00
- Swim Team Levels: (A swimmers level is determined by the Coach.) Bronze – Beginner, Silver – Intermediate, Gold – Advanced
- Winter Swim participants are required to be members of the Mexico Area Family YMCA , if they are not already active members they must become members; this requires a one-time join fee and monthly membership dues. See the front desk for membership information.
- Conference dues – TBA (between $5 and $10)
- USA/Missouri Valley Swimming Membership – Full ($78) or Flex (around $20) membership is available. More information will be provided at a later date.
- Sibling discount - $5.00 off monthly fees for second and subsequent siblings.
- Swim Official discount - $ 10.00 off monthly fees for swimmers with at least one parent who is a Certified USA Swim Official or Certified YMCA Swim Official.
- If a family qualifies for both discounts above, only the Swim Official discount will apply.
Other required expenses include:
- Team Swimsuit for swim meets - purchased through B & B Aquatics
- Team Swim Cap for swim meets - purchased through the YMCA.
- Entry fees and transportation for home and away meets.
- Additional equipment as required for practice, such as goggles, flippers, snorkels, etc.
September through October – Monday and Wednesday 7:00 to 8:30 PM, Tuesday and Thursday 3:30 to 5:00 PM (Gold and Silver M,T,W,Th/Bronze M, T, Th)
November through March – Monday through Friday 3:30 PM to 5:00 PM, all Groups