IMPORTANT UPDATE FROZEN 5K/1K
Due to the increase in COVID-19 cases in the county and in the state, the City of Canton has just made the decision to revoke permits for all special events, including the Frozen 5K. But..... rather than go completely virtual, we were able to work an arrangement out with Town Center Mall, 400 Barrett Pkwy in Kennesaw, to move the race there. Here are the particulars:
1. The date is NOT changing; the race will still take place on Saturday, January 23rd. The 1K will start at 8am as scheduled. The 5K will no longer be in 30 min waves, since we have a much bigger space to work with. ALL 5K participants will now start at 830am, and we will use a socially-distant start that will send runners off in much smaller groups. If you were signed up for the 900am or 930am waves, you will now start at 830am.
2. The 2020 Run and See Georgia Grand Prix awards ceremony will also be held at this new location. We will announce the runners of the year, etc. beginning at 745am.
3. We will use a single loop course that will be closed to traffic. If you ran the Lights of Life 5K in person, it's the same course we used then. It's a great course that flows nicely.
4. IF YOU WISH TO SWITCH FROM LIVE TO VIRTUAL, OR FROM VIRTUAL TO LIVE, please let us know no later than this Thursday (1/14). We have to make sure all switches happen no later than 1/14. Unfortunately, no switches will be allowed after 1/14. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to adjust your registration.
5. If you truly cannot make it to the new venue, and you do not want to run virtually, we will give you the option to defer to next year. THIS OPTION IS ONLY AVAILABLE THROUGH 1/14 AND CANNOT BE EXTENDED. Please email email@example.com with any questions. Unfortunately, no refunds will be given.
6. Complete race instructions including maps, etc. will be emailed this weekend. In the meantime, you will be able to pick up your shirt/bib/finisher medal at Big Peach Running Co. in Kennesaw on Friday 1/22 from 4-7pm, or race morning (1/23) at the start beginning at 730am. You CAN have others pick up for you at Big Peach.
7. Run and See GA Grand Prix awards will NOT be at Big Peach on 1/22. They will be available race morning.
We appreciate the love and support in making this necessary change. Ths is one of our favorite races, and we really did not want to make it go "virtual". We look forward to seeing everyone on Jan 23rd!
LIVE RACE!! (Virtual option also!)
ALL finishers in the 5K AND the 1K get a cool shirt and snowflake finisher medal! Dress as your favorite fairy tale character for a chance to win some amazing prizes! Share your love of running with YOUR little snowflake at an event the entire family can enjoy!
NOT READY TO RUN "LIVE" YET? NO WORRIES!! YOU CAN JOIN US VIRTUALLY FROM ANYWHERE IN THE COUNTRY, AND HAVE YOUR SWAG MAILED RIGHT TO YOUR DOORSTEP!
THERE IS A STRICT 250 PERSON LIMIT FOR THE 5K AND THIS RACE HAS SOLD OUT QUICKLY EVERY YEAR!!
THIS EVENT WILL BE THE SITE OF THE 2020 RUN AND SEE GEORGIA GRAND PRIX AWARDS CEREMONY (See below for more details)
Event details and schedule
800am - Snowflake 1K
830am - Frozen 5K
Plenty of FREE parking at Town Center Mall
RULES OF THE RUN (***PLEASE NOTE*** THESE WILL BE MODIFIED AS WE GET CLOSER BASED ON CURRENT COVID CONDITIONS AND ANY STATE/FEDERAL MANDATES) * While there is plenty of free parking at the race, we ask that you please do not arrive more than 30-45 min prior to your wave start, and stay in your cars while waiting. * You must check in at the medical tent to have a temperature check. If you have a fever, you will not be able to participate. * All our staff will wear masks to further enhance safety measures * We will further limit the number of people at the start line by sending participants out in smaller groups every 30-60 seconds. YOU WILL BE CHIP TIMED so it won't affect your race time. * Once you are done, please do not hang around the finish line. We need to keep the area clear in accordance with social distancing guidelines. * Results will be posted on active.com before we leave the venue and they will be emailed to you same day. * Masks will not be required while running on the course but having a mask or buff handy is highly recommended when passing a runner or being passed. Masks will be required while you are waiting to start, when you are picking up your shirt/bib, and when you are getting temperature screened. * Please be sure to wash and sanitize your hands frequently. Sanitizer will be available in various areas around the venue. * We strongly encourage you to plan for your own hydration needs. Bottled water will be available at the finish. * ALL participants must sign the online waiver prior to race weekend. Without a signed waiver we will not issue a race number, and you will not be able to participate. * If you have a fever, cough, sore throat, or any other symptom of COVID-19 or other illness, please stay home. Contact event director if you have any questions.
SUBMITTING YOUR TIME FOR THE VIRTUAL RUN
You will be able to submit your 5K time anytime between 1/16 and 1/23. Please follow all of the steps below in order to be included in the results;
- Run or walk a 5K anywhere - even on a treadmill. If you are running/walking outside, please make sure you are following all social distancing rules and follow ALL local, state, and federal mandates!
- Take a picture of your time/distance. It can be through Strava, Garmin, Mapmyrun, or even a picture of your watch or treadmill display. As long as we can see your distance / time, you are good!
- Email your proof to firstname.lastname@example.org within the time window posted above. Times submitted outside of this window will not count. Please include your full name in the email. ***VERY IMPORTANT*** In the subject line of your email, please put "Frozen 5K Results Submission" This will help us know which event you are participating in.
VIRTUAL RUNNER SWAG WILL BE MAILED 7-10 DAYS AFTER THE RACE
2020 GRAND PRIX AWARDS CEREMONY ANNOUNCEMENT!! 2020 was definitely an interesting year, but we wanted to thank everyone for all the love and support! While we look forward to a more normal year of racing in 2021, we wanted to let you know the official 2020 Grand Prix Awards Ceremony will take place at the Frozen 5K! Before the start of the 5K we will announce our points winners and give out their prizes (including the traditional jackets!). Plus, age group awards will be available on site as well. Make plans to join us for a morning of fun! Want to learn more about the Run and See Georgia Grand Prix? To check your points, view upcoming races, or to include your race on the 2021 Run and See Georgia Grand Prix click here!