Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
Meadowbrook Athletic Complex5001 Meadowbrook Ln Ellicott City, MD 21043
TEAM REGISTRATION ONLY. Howard County Recreation & Parks is accepting team applications for the Alliance Division of the Youth Basketball League (YBL). The YBL brings boys & girls teams from the greater Howard County area for league play. Teams play eight regular season games, starting December 6, followed by a single-elimination tournament. Howard County’s premier facilities are conveniently located off either Rt. 29, I-95, or I-70. The YBL provides certified officials, facility staff, league administration and website updates. Application deadline is January 5, 2021. Early Bird Discount by December 28th. Registration Deadline Friday, January 8th. Coaches Registry requirements and team rosters deadline Friday, January 8th. Spots are limited so please apply today! League Refund Policy: a 20% administrative fee is deducted for all refund requests more than four (4) weeks prior to league starting; a 50% refund if withdrawal requested more than two (2) weeks prior to league starting; no refunds are given less than two (2) weeks prior to the start of the league. For more information contact Ray Hall at email@example.com, 410-313-1689 or Ricky DuBois at firstname.lastname@example.org, 410-313-4736. Visit: http://www.yblalliance.teampages.com/
TEAM REGISTRATION ONLY.
RETURN TO PLAY – Basketball
The Department has adjusted its field permit guidelines during COVID-19. This document provides important details as to those changes and some league playing rules or protocol changes in response to the league survey amongst players, coaches and game officials.
• Please be vigilant in preventing the spread of the COVID-19 virus by practicing good hygiene as recommended by CDC guidelines. CDC guidelines can be found here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
• Please stay home if you are experiencing any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 or if you have been exposed to someone who has had signs or symptoms of COVID-19. Please see CDC guidelines for specific COVID-19 symptoms.
• Coaches, players and game officials, please check your temperature prior to leaving for scheduled practice on a HCRP court. If your temperature is 100 degrees or higher, you are not permitted to participate in an activity on a HCRP field for a minimum of 14 days. You may, however, return sooner if you have a Doctor’s note for return to play.
• As per the CDC: If you are immunocompromised, the best way to prevent COVID-19 is to avoid being exposed to the virus. We strongly urge you to consider the risk that you would be taking by participating in a group practice or games on HCRP fields or courts, as you will be putting your health at risk. Therefore, you may consider not participating in practices at this time.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC offers general guidelines and recommendations for the public on how to limit the spread of COVID-19. They currently include:
1. Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and exercise equipment including balls
2. Thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol
3. Wear a cloth face covering that covers your nose and mouth in public settings
4. Stay at least 6-feet away from non-household members
5. Cover mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing
6. Stay at home if you are sick
General Sport Re-Start Precautions
• Follow all local / state guidelines for facilities.
• Establish a COVID Action Plan (CAP) to determine your pre-participation screening requirements for participants and for managing spread of COVID-19, should a participant become sick or test positive. (See local guidelines)
• Follow all local and state guidelines for facilities and events.
• Arrive Dressed and ready to play
• Players / Coaches must wear mask from parking lot to field /court. Players not in the game are required to wear a mask.
Player’s / officials are encouraged to wear a mask or face covering
• No sharing of equipment, water bottles, towels.
• Spectators: 1 parent or spectator will be permitted to remain in the gym during league play.
• Game balls to be sanitized every quarter, including halftime and after each game.
• Create a buffer between the baseline and players bench and baseline.
• Distance the players on the baseline and bench. Bleachers and benches may be closed. Players and officials are encouraged to bring a chair.
• No team/player handshakes, no team/player high fives, and no group gatherings between teams on the field. Try to keep social distancing between teams. Ask team members clap, team cheer etc.
• Players must leave court immediately after game is concluded
Participants who test positive.
• Team coach or manager should immediately notify league coordinator of any player, coach or spectator who is affiliated with their team of a positive COVID test. League coordinator will notify Howard County Health Department.
Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
National Council Youth Sports
North Laurel Community Center at North Laurel Community Center
Gary J Arthur Comm Center at Glenwood at Gary J Arthur Community Center
Roger Carter Community Center at Roger Carter Community Center
MAC Meadowbrook Athletic Complex at Meadowbrook Athletic Complex