We're sorry, but this sub-activity is over. The last meeting was Thursday, July 1, 2021.
PRESCHOOL BEGINNER (PB) Each class maintains a low ratio of students per instructor to insure close, personal attention. We will offer both morning and afternoon sessions for toddlers, preschoolers and youth. All classes are 35 minutes, Monday through Thursday with Friday as a rain out day if needed. Transferring from one session/time to another is permitted up to one week prior to session start. Transfers are subject to a $3 transfer fee and may be completed at the Recreation Center. In the event of bad weather, water safety activities may be held in lieu of in water instruction. On bad weather days you may call 251-9932 for information about cancellations. Prerequisite Skills
- Child should be comfortable entering the water.
- Water adjustment
- Breath control (bubble blowing, holding breath underwater)
- Water entry (jump in, assisted to unassisted)
- Water exit (assisted to unassisted)
- Retrieve underwater objects with support
- Front float and glide to recovery with support
- Front kick with flotation support
- Safety skills (changing direction, treading water)
Swim Lessons - Preschool Beginner #4079