Subway FreshFit™ Plays of the Year Video Contest
The SUBWAY FRESH FIT™ Plays of the Year Video Contest (the "Contest") is designed to promote Subway® Restaurants (“Subway®”) online at the Little League World Series website (“Website”) by encouraging participants to show footage of local Little League Baseball games, by uploading video to the Website. Prizes will be awarded to those individuals who submit the best entries as determined by the judges in accordance with these Official Rules. Entry in the Contest constitutes your acceptance of these Official Rules.
- Eligibility: This Contest is open to individuals who are legal residents of the United States (EXCLUDING United States territories), who are 13 years of age or over as of the date of entry (“Entrants”). Employees and agents of Subway Franchisee Advertising Fund Trust (SFAFT) and The Active Network its affiliates, subsidiaries, and any entity involved in the development, production, implementation or fulfillment of the Contest and the immediate family members (defined as parents, children, siblings and spouse) and/or persons living in the same household as such individuals are not eligible to participate.
- How To Enter: The Contest begins on July 1, 2007, at 12:00 A.M PT and ends at 12:00 A.M PT on September 30, 2007 (the "Contest Period"). Entrants should submit their videos at active.com/video/subway_video_contest by uploading onto the website only during the submission period, which begins on July 1, 2007, at 12:00 A.M PT and ends on September 30, 2007 at 11:59 P.M PT. Videos will not be accepted by any other route. Only eligible entries actually uploaded and received by Sponsors before the end of the Contest Period will be considered. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. Illegible, unintelligible, incomplete or garbled entries will be disqualified. All entries submitted must represent the original work of the entrant, may not have been previously published or sold, and may not contain any material which in the sole discretion of Sponsors is obscene, profane, or improper. If the same video is submitted multiple times by an entrant, only the last submission of that video within the Contest Period will be judged. If the same or substantially similar video, as determined by the Sponsors in its sole discretion is submitted by multiple entrants, only the first submission of that video within the Contest period will be judged. The submission of an entry is solely the responsibility of the entrant.
- Judging/Selection of Winners/Prizes:. Video will be submitted by Entrant and entered into one of four (4) categories, including Great Grabs, Whoops- Best Bloopers, Painting the Black and Hot Hits (“Category”). Each Entrant who submits video will be eligible to win the overall Contest prize simply by uploading their video (“Overall Contest”). Videos submitted will be voted on by the Active Marketing Group (“Judges”), and in their sole discretion, will choose five (5) videos in each category to be finalists. The Judges reserve the right to advance fewer than five (5) entries per category if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Entrants. From those finalists, one winner in each Category will be selected by the public, through online voting, based on which video receives the most amounts of votes in its Category. The online voting period will begin on September 15, 2007 at 12:00 A.M. PT and end on September 30, 2007 at 11:59 P.M. PT. All finalists will be notified via the email address submitted during registration no later than October 15, 2007. The Category winners will each receive: a $250 cash-card to Subway® Restaurants and a baseball autographed by a Major League Baseball Player. The Contest Category winner’s videos will be displayed at the Little League World Series at the Subway® booth. The Overall Contest winner will be chosen by the Judges in their sole discretion by random drawing. The Overall Contest winner will receive a prize of a baseball autographed by a Major League Baseball Player. ALL TAXES AND ANY APPLICABLE WITHOLDING AND REPORTING REQUIREMENTS ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNERS. Any unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. If no winning entries are received, no prize will be awarded. Decisions of judges are final and binding.
- Conduct: By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to comply with and be bound by these Official Rules throughout the Contest. Failure to comply with the Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Contest. Entrants further agree to comply with and be bound by the decisions of the judges, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any entrant it finds to be: (1) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (2) violating the Official Rules; (3) violating the terms of service, conditions of use or general rules or guidelines of any Active property or service; or (4) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any false information provided within the context of the Contest by any entrant concerning identity, postal address, ownership of right or non-compliance with Official Rules may result in the immediate elimination of the entrant from the Contest. Sponsors further reserve the right to disqualify any entry that it believes in its sole and unfettered discretion infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party or otherwise does not comply with the Official Rules.
- General Conditions: This Contest is governed by the laws of the State of California, United States. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By submitting an entry into this Contest, an entrant agrees to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsors, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest. The Active Marketing Group reserves the right to use the entrant’s video (including with or without attribution) in any media available now or in the future. By participating in the Contest, each entrant certifies that his/her entry is original, that he/she is the sole and exclusive creator, owner and rights holder of the submitted entry, that he/she has the right to submit the entry in the Contest, and that, upon request, he/she will agree to be involved in media activity regarding the competition. Each entrant agrees not to submit any entry that knowingly infringes any third-party proprietary, intellectual property, industrial property, personal rights or other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or confidentiality obligation; or otherwise violates applicable law. As a further condition of entry, entrant agrees that Sponsors shall have the right to use, copy, reproduce, publish, modify and make available the entry to the public for any purpose, including but not limited to advertising and promotion of the Contest using the video itself and/or any modifications or reproductions thereof. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for, and winners consent to, Sponsors and its agencies to use a winner's name, likeness and entry for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law that he/she consents to its being used in the manner set out in these terms, or (where the entrant is not the owner) that he/she has obtained the consent of the owner(s) to use it in the manner set out in these terms without any further payment. Entrants may be required to sign, notarize and return an Affidavit or Declaration of Eligibility and a Liability/Publicity Release, and provide any additional information that may be required by the Sponsors within thirty (30) days following the date of first attempted notification of selected finalists. Active may also require documentation to be signed by an entrant’s parent or legal guardian, in whose name any prize will be awarded and/or in connection with media consents. Active accepts no responsibility for entries lost, delayed, damaged, defaced, or mislaid, howsoever caused. Entries will not be returned. There is no cash alternative and the prizes must be taken as offered. The Active Network reserves the right to substitute prize(s) of an equivalent value should the prizes become unavailable for any reason. If any winner is not able for whatever reason to accept their prize then Active reserves the right to award the prize to another participant. Return of any prize/prize notification may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Any potential winner who cannot be contacted within fifteen (15) days of attempted first notification will forfeit his or her prize. Failure to comply within this time period may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Sponsors are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the prize. If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
- No Recourse to Judicial or Other Procedures: To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, to seek injunctive relief or to any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Contest are hereby excluded, and any entrant expressly waives any and all such rights. Entrants agree that these Official Rules are governed by the laws of the State of California, United States.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, EACH ENTRANT INDEMNIFIES AND AGREES TO KEEP INDEMNIFIED THE SPONSORS AT ALL TIMES FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, DAMAGES, COSTS AND EXPENSES RESULTING FROM ANY ACT, DEFAULT OR OMISSION OF THE ENTRANT AND/OR A BREACH OF ANY WARRANTY SET FORTH HEREIN. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, EACH ENTRANT INDEMNIFIES AND AGREES TO KEEP INDEMNIFIED THE SPONSORS AT ALL TIMES FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY, ACTIONS, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, DAMAGES, COSTS AND EXPENSES FOR OR IN RESPECT OF WHICH THE SPONSORS WILL OR MAY BECOME LIABLE BY REASON OF OR RELATED OR INCIDENTAL TO ANY ACT, DEFAULT OR OMISSION BY AN ENTRANT UNDER THESE OFFICIAL RULES INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION RESULTING FROM OR IN RELATION TO ANY BREACH, NON-OBSERVANCE, ACT OR OMISSION WHETHER NEGLIGENT OR OTHERWISE, PURSUANT TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY AN ENTRANT. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ENTRANTS AGREE TO HOLD SPONSORS, ITS RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND ASSIGNS HARMLESS FOR ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE CAUSED OR CLAIMED TO BE CAUSED BY PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST AND/OR USE OR ACCEPTANCE OF ANY PRIZE WON.
- Contest Sponsors: Subway Franchisee Advertising Fund Trust, 425 Wheelers Farm Road, Milford,CT 06461