- Lie face down with arms extended. Eyes down, lean forward.
- Start the movement with the lungs, press forward and slightly down.
- Scull the hands out
- Then, lungs go forward and up
- Scull the hands in.
- Do this?three to five?times (slowly), then take a right arm-only butterfly stroke to breath.
- Repeat steps two through five, then take a left arm-only butterfly stroke to breath.
- Repeat the sequence for the entire length of the pool.
Do this drill slowly at first until you get the hang of it. Also, for fun, try using fins. Fins help the novice get the rhythm of the drill quicker.?Work with your coach to make sure you're doing it right.
This tip was provided by Clark Campbell, head coach of the Kansas Women's Swimming and Diving team .