And no matter what meal you're planning for, the new athleats mobile app has endless recipes for you to try, all of which emphasize healthy ingredients and nutrient-dense meals for active people.
The recipes below range from a quick breakfast smoothie to a healthy yet decadent dessert—and all the meals in between.
Download the athleats app to view more recipes.
Peanut Butter Banana Overnight OatsServes 1 1 of 9
1/2 cup almond milk
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
1/2 cup oats
1 tablespoon peanut butter
1. Add oats, almond milk, yogurt, chia seeds and peanut butter into a mason jar and stir to combine.
2. Refrigerate overnight.
3. Top with banana and strawberry slices before serving.
Classic Green SmoothieServes 2 2 of 9
2 cups kale
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup water
12 ice cubes
1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
1. Combine all ingredients into a blender, putting heaviest ingredients in first and lightest in last.
2. Blend until you achieve desired consistency. Serve immediately.
Smoked Mozzarella Caprese SaladServes 4 3 of 9
2 beefsteak tomatoes
8 ounces smoked mozzarella
1 bunch fresh basil
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
4 servings crusty Italian bread
Pinch of smoked sea salt
1. Arrange ingredients on a serving platter in the following order: 1 slice smoked mozzarella, 1-2 basil leaves and 1-2 tomato slices, depending on size. Repeat until all ingredients are used.
2. Drizzle generously with extra-virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with smoked sea salt.
3. Serve at room temperature with crusty Italian bread.
Downtown Turkey WrapServes 1 4 of 9
1/4 cup avocado
2 slices turkey bacon
4 slices deli turkey
1 tablespoon feta cheese
1/4 cup lettuce
1 tablespoon dressing of choice
1 slice tomato
1 8-inch whole tortilla
1. In a small bowl, mix dressing and cheese together to form a spread.
2. Spread lightly onto tortilla. Top with remaining ingredients.
3. Roll the wrap by folding both sides into the center, then slowly rolling from top to bottom, tucking in the wrap as you go.
Grilled Fish Tacos with Summer SalsaServes 4 5 of 9
8 corn tortillas
1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
4 teaspoons ground cumin
4 servings hot sauce
1 chopped jicama
1 chopped mango
1 pound tilapia fillets
4 tablespoons vegetable oil
Pinch of pepper
Pinch of Kosher salt
Juice of 1/2 a lime
1. Preheat outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat.
2. To make the summer salsa, toss avocado, jicama, mango, lime juice and cilantro in a medium bowl until well combined.
3. Rub both sides of fish with cumin, salt and pepper. Lightly brush grill grates with oil and transfer fish to grill. Cook fish 6 to 8 minutes or until opaque throughout, turning once.
4. Break fish into large chunks and serve in tortillas with summer salsa and hot sauce.
Easy Italian Baked ChickenServes 1 6 of 9
1 frozen chicken breast tenderloin
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 pinch of seasoned salt
1 pinch of pepper
1 serving of chopped garlic
1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Place frozen chicken in glass baking dish. Drizzle lightly with olive oil and sprinkle on salt, garlic, pepper and Italian seasoning.
3. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until center is thoroughly cooked.
4. Serve with favorite vegetables and low-carb side dish for a complete, healthy meal.
Avocado Chocolate MousseServes 4 7 of 9
1/2 cup of maple syrup
1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa power
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 dash of Kosher salt
1. Place the avocado, maple syrup, vanilla and salt into a food processor. Process until smooth (about 30 seconds), stopping once to scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
2. Add the cocoa powder, sifting it with a mesh strainer to prevent lumps. Process about one more minute, until smooth and creamy.
3. Divide the mousse into four dessert bowls, cover with plastic wrap and allow the mousse to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes before eating.
Oatmeal Peanut Butter CookiesServes 5 8 of 9
1/3 cup peanut butter
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons honey
2 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 dash cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mash bananas with a fork until smooth.
2. Whisk in the peanut butter, milk, vanilla, honey and egg.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and stir until well combined. Drop dough onto a cookie sheet that has been sprayed or lined with parchment paper.
4. Bake 13 to 16 minutes or until a pale golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes.