Want strong, chiseled legs? Here is a leg workout that you can do at home, at a park or at the gym. This interval workout will boost your heart rate, burn fat, work your core, and tone and sculpt your legs. So crank up the music and get ready to blast the fat.
Start with a warm-up. Stretch and take a five-minute walk or jog. At home: Jog in place for five minutes.
- Legs are hip width apart.
- Lower down so your legs are parallel to the ground (movement is the same as if you are sitting in a chair).
- Use your glutes and hamstrings to jump.
Do a set of 12.
More: 10 Quick Cardio Moves
Run or walk for five minutes. At home: Jog in place or do jumping jacks for five minutes.
Walking Lunges With a Twist
- Start with feet together
- With your right leg, take a large step—lower creating a 90-degree angle in your lunge. Make sure your front foot does not go over your toes.
- Push off your left leg; your right leg straightens and your left leg is off the ground. Twist to the left and then face forward.
- With your left foot step forward and bend into a lunge.
- Push off your right foot as your leg straightens, and twist to the right.
Do 20 steps in one direction then turn around and do another 20—you should be back at the place you started.
Complete three sprints. At home: Sprint in place for a minute.
- Start standing tall with both feet together.
- Lift your left foot off the ground. Bend your right knee—your left knee comes behind your right knee, but keep your left leg off the ground.
Do 12 reps and switch legs.
Hold a plank for one minute. (Plank: hands are under your shoulders, feet are stretched out—you're on the balls of your feet. Abs are tight. Hold for a minute.)
More: How to Master the Squat