2. Walking strengthens bones (and helps prevent osteoporosis).
3. Walking helps control weight by burning extra calories.
4. Walking improves digestion.
5. Walking tones and strengthens muscles.
6. Walking encourages flexibility in joints, tendons, and ligaments.
7. Walking improves heart and lung functions.
8. Walking strengthens the heart and improves circulation.
9. Walking helps balance and agility reducing the risk of falls for older folks.
10. Walking improves self-image.
11. Walking helps relieve stress and tension.
12. Walking fosters an overall feeling of health and well-being.
13. Walking is fun alone or with companions.
14. Walking can be done almost anywhere and is not expensive.
For more information, please visit http://www.hopeheart.org
Gear up at the Active Sports Mecca