It is never too late to start! The program content which includes basic floatation, movement and breathing skills will assist you in increasing you comfort level in water. This is a great way to stay active while learning the basic life skill of swimming. Once performance criteria have been successfully completed, swimmers progress to the next level. This course will be held primarily in the shallow end.
Next Level: Red Cross Swim Basics 2 for Adults
This course is designed for adults. No previous swimming experience is required. This course takes place primarily in the shallow end of the pool.
• SEA OTTER: 1 PARENT/GUARDIAN is REQUIRED to participate in-water with participants in an effort to assist in enforcing social distancing/active supervision/assisting your child
• SALAMANDER, SUNFISH, CROCODILE, WHALE, SWIM KIDS 1, 2 and 3: 1 PARENT/GUARDIAN is STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to participate in-water with participants in an effort to assist in enforcing social distancing/active supervision/assisting your child; one parent/guardian is to be prepared to enter the water for each lesson to assist their child
• All family members complete a self-assessment prior to arrival; should any family member feel unwell, no members of the family attend the facility
• All lesson participants (and parent/guardian designated to assist in-water when applicable) arrive lesson-ready (in swimsuits); changeroom access will be restricted to washroom use only
• Pool deck viewing space will be limited (please expect to stand for the duration of your child’s lesson).. For the above-mentioned levels, a maximum of one parent/caregiver per household is asked to be present on the pool deck ready to accompany their child in the water.
• The participant (or accompanying parent/guardian) is to bring all equipment to disinfectant zone for hyper-chlorination at the end of the lesson.
Learn to Swim
SOP - Middle - Lane 6 at Seven Oaks Pool
To Be Determined