The last day for Internet Registration was Apr 11, 2021 11:59 PM.
Advanced Painting in Pastels and Oils from Sedona with Doug Tweddale.
A successful painting is a joy to create. It has the right alchemy of composition, story, values, lost and found edges, and color usage. Most importantly it captures your passion for a subject. The purpose of this class is to focus on subjects that inspire you and motivate your passion to paint. Learning techniques that build your skills through favored subjects will carry over to any painting or subject you choose.
Pastels and Oils share many similarities. Both tend to work from dark to light, both require maintaining a receptive surface, and both benefit from value underpainting to define the subject in creating a harmonious painting. The idea is to use tools to best define your painting early in the process to create more and more successful outcomes. Whichever medium is your specialty, this class will help unlock more of your hidden skill and passion.
Each artist can use the materials they would normally use to do their art work.
Doug has been an oil painter since age nine and a pastel painter for the last 40 years. Doug is primarily a Plein Air painter, and has studied extensively with various masters and has won many awards. Doug teaches classes both locally and on his travels out west.
This is a six (6) week class from 4/14/21 - 5/26/21. No class on 4/28/21.
The class will be broadcast from Sedona the first few weeks, and finish up from Doug's studio in Pennsylvania.
You will receive your Zoom access email and further instructions 48 hours prior to class start date.
Video Instructions for Zoom Classroom Registration: CLICK HERE
Guidelines for Video Communication
By clicking the 'Add to Cart' button, you are agreeing to our Video Conferencing Guidelines.
1. Remember that any audio/video communication may involve two-way camera and audio usage. This means that the instructor will need to see students’ work and speak with them about it, and may also be able to see and hear what is occurring in the student’s home.
2. Do not make audio or video recordings of lessons. Without the permission of the instructor, Wayne Art Center and other lesson participants, this may be illegal.
3. Do not provide access to the lesson to anyone other than the registered participant.
4. Maintain the confidentiality of other students if you or your child are participating in a group lesson. All individuals participating may be able to see and hear what is occurring in your home, including what everyone is wearing, just as you may see and hear what is occurring in their home.
5. If that makes you uncomfortable, you are encouraged to set the video conference up so that only the student is visible, sitting in front of a wall.
6. Wayne Art Center reserves the right to make audio and video recordings of all lessons. Any such recordings will be the sole property of Wayne Art Center, and may be retained, used, or disposed of in its discretion, subject to applicable laws.
*Registration for a class is for one participant. If you have more than one person participating from your household please register them each individually.
2020-2021 Adult Membership
or 2020-2021 Family Membership
or 2020-2021 Senior Membership
or 2020-2021 Friend Membership
or 2020-2021 Supporting Membership