In this workshop you will learn the basic ingredients of the ChiRunning® Technique. We will also cover the Advance Running Techniques. You will get lots of personal attention and enjoy a rich learning experience packed with good information to help you run injury-free for the rest of your life. We will spend time alternating between demonstrations, fun exercises and technique drills...the nature of the day will be relaxed, full and inspiring.
• The Keys to Effortless, Injury-free Running
• The Physics of Running: Run without Using Your Legs
• ChiRunning® versus Power Running
• Introduction to the ChiRunning® Form
• Injury prevention techniques
• Personal Check-in Tricks and Tools
• Core Muscle Drills and Exercises
• Pre-run Body Looseners, Post-run Stretches
• Innovative technique drills
• How to conserve energy at any speed
• Stride Length
• Pelvic Rotation
• Running Up & Down Hills
Waterside Fitness & Swim Club 901 6th St SW Washington DC 20024. This workshop will be held outside at a local park. We will meet at Waterside Fitness and walk across the street to the park as a group. There is street parking on or around 6th St SW. Workshop is on Sunday so there is no need to feed the meters. The nearest metro stop is Waterfront on the green line and its one block away.
Event details and schedule
Per DC Mayor's Order 2021-147, to gain access to the gym facility, workshop participants must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination and their ID.
OnPoint Fitness does not offer refunds, credits or transfers on these classes. Please, be sure that our services match your needs before committing through payment