Come down to Mount Pleasant Community Centre and join us for our Self Care Club! Each week we will do a different activity that relates to self care and wellness, talk about managing stress and anxiety, and create a space where we can relax and hang out with friends. Activities can include making bath bombs, meditation and bullet journaling. A schedule of activities will be available the week before sessions start.
Pre-registration and a waiver form are required and will be available at the front desk or by contacting Nataly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The nature of the activity is such that you may interact with other people who are considered to be in good health, continuous physical distance between other people cannot be guaranteed, and, by participating in the activity, you are at risk of being infected by a pathogen, including but not limited to SARS-COV-2. SARS-COV-2, which causes the disease COVID-19, may exacerbate other health issues and is the cause of an ongoing global pandemic. SARS-COV-2 is highly communicable and dangerous. If you become infected with SARS-COV2, you may transmit it to other people even if you are not exhibiting symptoms of illness.
GENERAL SAFE PRACTICES
• Registration and payment is required for most programs to help reduce the capacity to allow for physical distancing. Limited drop-ins may be permitted.
• Please arrive no more than 10mins prior to your program time. Patrons may be required to line up prior to entering the facility.
• Please follow physical distancing practice and maintain minimum 2 metres between yourself and others at all times.
• Please bring your own pre-filled water bottle and dress accordingly. Not all fountains and changing rooms will be available.
• The building will not be open for loitering. You will be asked to leave the building once your program has ended.
• Anyone not following safety guidelines or directions from staff will be asked to leave. Please respect and follow directions of staff at all times.
COVID-19 SAFETY POLICY
• All participants, instructors and staff who have symptoms of COVID-19 OR traveled outside Canada in the last 14 days OR were identified by Public Health as a close contact of a confirmed case must stay home and self-isolate.
• Participants must assess themselves daily for symptoms of common cold, influenza, COVID-19, or other infectious respiratory disease before attending a program.
• A participant may still receive care if another person in their home has symptoms of common cold, influenza, COVID-19, or other infectious respiratory disease, but they remain asymptomatic.
• Participants who are ill, including participants of essential service providers, will not be permitted to attend program.
• Daily checks for respiratory illness at sign-in by asking participants to confirm that they do not have symptoms of common cold, influenza, COVID-19, or other respiratory disease.
• If a participant, instructor or staff member is unsure if they should self-isolate, they should be directed to use the BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool, contact 8-1-1 or the local public health unit. They can also be advised to contact a family physician or nurse practitioner to be assessed for COVID-19 and other respiratory diseases.
ENHANCED CLEANING MEASURES
• Reducing the amount of people who can visit at one time.
• Setting up one-way travel around facilities and where it is not possible, two-way travel will be in place.
• Clearing and cleaning programming space in between classes and activities.
• Facility will be sanitized at least twice per day on all high frequency touch points in addition to any regularly scheduled overnight sanitizing/cleaning per operating days of the facility.
• Site Safety Plans available at reception desk.
Pro-rated refunds are given up to 48 hours prior to the second class in a series of classes.
Special events, one day workshops, out trips, birthday parties, specialty camps, and outdoor programs require a minimum of 7 days notice for a refund.
There is an administrative charge of $3 for all refund requests.
5 - Youth
Multipurpose Room 2 at *Mount Pleasant Community Centre