The Memorial Hermann 10 for Texas 10-mile race, 3.1 Armadillo Run 5K and One 4 Texas Kids' Fun Run through The Woodlands will be held Saturday, September 18, 2021 beginning at 7 a.m. These races are produced by The Woodlands Township Parks and Recreation Department. The Memorial Hermann 10 for Texas race is a USA Track and Field (USATF) sanctioned event with a certified 10-mile course.
All races will be capped. The race start and finish location is at Nortshore Park. After the race, participants will enjoy a Texas-sized post-race party with fun for the whole family.
- Memorial Hermann 10 for Texas is open to runners of all abilities. 10-mile and 5K are chip-timed events recommended for ages 10 and older. One 4 Texas is an untimed, non-competitive 1-mile event, designed to promote fun and fitness for kids of all abilities. Recommended for ages 5 and up.
- All races will be capped to ensure safety and a positive race experience for all.
- After three hours the finish line will close, and the course will be completely opened to traffic per the Approved Traffic Control Plan.
- All runners and walkers must maintain 16 minutes per mile to stay ahead of course closure.
Event details and schedule
Race Day Schedule (Times subject to change)
One 4 Texas Kids' Fun Run Start
3.1 Armadillo Run 5K Race Start
10-Mile Wheelchair Division Race Start*
Memorial Hermann 10 for Texas 10-Mile Race Start
*Applies ONLY to participants racing in a wheelchair, handcycle and/or duo teams. NOTE: Per USATF sanction and insurance requirements, strollers are not permitted on the course. For the comfort and safety of all participants, baby strollers, baby joggers, in-line skating, dogs on leashes and bicycles are all prohibited on the course.
View Packet Pickup Information online.
Course Maps and Parking Map will be posted online once available.
To ensure that roads re-open to vehicular traffic at the scheduled times, course time limits will be strictly enforced. Roads will re-open on a rolling basis at an approximate 16-minutes per mile pace. All the roads need to be opened by 10:30 a.m. As long as runners maintain this pace, there should be no problems.
Please start at your appropriate pace markers so as not to crowd the first two miles. Overcrowding causes safety issues and an overall poor experience. Remember: Your official/chip time does not start until you cross the start line.
A cut-off location will be enforced on the course. Runners/walkers who do not reach the cut-off location by this time will be stopped and shuttled to the finish line area. Please Note: This is timing tag time, not gun time.
If a participant's pace falls below the course time limit (16 minutes per mile pace), they will have two options:
- Increase their pace within the event's minimum pace. If not, the racer will be disqualified and will need to fill out a form.
- Racers can board a sag wagon that will take them back to the finish line for the post-race party or they will be diverted to the pathway system, where they must obey all traffic signals, where applicable.
The finish line will close three hours after the start of the race. Please note that participants who cross the finish line after it has officially closed will not be recognized as an official finisher and will not be guaranteed a medal or a finishing time.
100% of your entry fee will be refunded until July 31, 2021. 50% of your entry fee will be refunded until August 31, 2021. No refunds will be issued after this deadline. Refunds will not include Active.com processing fee. Refunds can take up to 3 weeks for processing. Please email the department to request a refund.
Entry fees are not transferable between years. No exceptions will be made to this policy. Transfers must be completed by logging into your Active website account and selecting "my events". All transfers must be completed by September 3, 2021. If you need assistance with transfers, please email the department.
We have a "no refund policy" in regards to weather cancellations of any kind as well as changes to the race after registration. Unforeseen changes can occur at any time no matter how finalized anything seems to be. Any changes made to the race are done after careful consideration, usually due to safety concerns that arise after the race has been planned. We do everything we can to create a better, safer, more enjoyable experience for all participants.
For registration questions or issues, please reach out to Active Consumer Support. Call: 877-228-4881 ext. 4 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.