Triathlon Australia Membership Types
For the 2019-2020 Triathlon Australia membership season there are a number of membership category types an athlete may register under, these are identified below. An athlete must only take out a draft legal memberships listed below if a draft legal endorsement has been successfully completed. If an endorsement has not been completed, then the athlete is to take out either the relevant non-drafting membership type (Junior or Adult) depending on their age. Please note the age for 13-23 years as at 31 December 2019:
- Youth Draft Legal (13-14yrs) – Athletes with this membership are eligible to compete in Draft Legal Triathlon events.
- Junior Draft Legal (15-18yrs) – Athletes with this membership are eligible to compete in Draft Legal Triathlon events.
- Professional Development U23 (15-22yrs) – Athletes with this membership are eligible to compete in ITU races up to Continental Cups & Continental Championships level as well as any other Triathlon, Duathlon, Aquathlon, Cross Triathlon or multisport event with prize money (male & female combined) up to but no greater than AUD $10,000. This membership also gives athletes access to the TA travel Insurance Policy when competing/traveling overseas (provided the events sit within those referenced). in Draft Legal Triathlon events. ( Application Only )
Draft Legal Endorsement Procedure
The Draft legal endorsement can either be Automatic or Demonstrated.
Any athlete who has previously held an ITU Youth, ITU Junior, ITU U23 & Pro Dev U23/Professional Triathlon Australiamembership AND/OR raced in the AYJU23TS will be automatically endorsed for 2019-2020 season.
- The athlete should take out a draft legal membership type relevant to their age year on year.
- Athletes that have previously held an ITU Youth, ITU Junior, ITU and Pro Dev U23/Pro membership are NOT required to complete the online endorsement register every year.
Any athlete who has NOT previously held an ITU Youth, ITU Junior, ITU U23 or Pro Dev U23/Pro membership, AND/OR has NOT raced in a draft legal event are required to have their bike handling skills and knowledge endorsed as “competent” to hold a Youth Draft Legal, Junior Draft Legal, Professional Development U23 or Professional membership.
- Contact your club/coach to let them know you are interested in undertaking a draft legal endorsement to start your training for it. See assessment below.
- Contact an endorsement assessment, they can be conducted by either:
- A currently accredited Performance Triathlon Coach or higher; or
- An approved bike skills assessor in your respective state triathlon association
- Undertake the draft legal endorsement with the assessor.
- Once completed successfully either the assessor or parent/guardian must add the details of the endorsement to the register: Triathlon Australia DLE Register .
- Triathlon Australia will authorise the endorsement and transfer the athletes membership from a Junior or Adult Triathlon Australia membership to a Youth Draft Legal, Junior Draft Legal, Professional Development U23 or Professional licence (upon further application ) membership.
- Parents and/or athlete will be notified once this is complete.
Athletes that have competed in road/criterium cycling races and do not hold a current Youth Draft Legal, Junior Draft Legal, Professional Development U23 or Professional licence must still complete the demonstrated endorsement process below.
For further information about the membership/endorsement process please get in contact with your local State Triathlon Association :
ACT - firstname.lastname@example.org
NSW - email@example.com
NT - firstname.lastname@example.org
QLD - email@example.com
SA - firstname.lastname@example.org
VIC - email@example.com
TAS - firstname.lastname@example.org
WA - email@example.com
Event details and schedule