Dear Thanksgiving Day 5k Participants,
Due to Governor Scott’s announcement on Friday, November 13th which limited gatherings indoors or outdoors to single households only, we can no longer host the modified event we were anticipating for Thanksgiving morning.
We can however, still have a competitive, fun race, be active and run fast!
Here is how our new event will work:
- Participants will have from November 26th-November 29th to complete our 3.1 mile course on the Toonerville Trail. This is unique to other virtual runs as we will all be competing on the same course! Some additional details:
- You can run alone or with members from your own household.
- The starting point is where the pavement of the Toonerville Trail starts, there are wooden posts on either side of the starting line.
- The course is marked in .25 mile increments to the turn-around point which will be marked with orange cones on either side of Paddock Road. A good reference point is the island in the middle of the Spencer Hollow Road and Paddock Road intersection.
- This is a fairly flat out and back course.
- Please remember to keep your distance if you see others on the trail!
- You can either track your time on a fitness app like Strava, Map My Run, Garmin, Iwatch, or just take a picture of your time on a stopwatch and submit it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each participant will receive a Thanksgiving Day 5k T-shirt and we will have some AWESOME prizes to give away including some Tiger Tail Products, Gift Cards to local businesses, and more!
- We will announce the results on Monday, November 30th.
We will be posting pictures of the Toonerville Trail course, including the start line and finish line on our event Facebook Page. If you would prefer to have these emailed to you, let us know.
We know this is disappointing, but the goal of this event has always been to get up and get moving on a day we consume a lot of calories, now we just have a bit more time to complete the event! Sleep in on Thanksgiving morning, run after your big meal (so I have a shot at winning)! You can also run it twice and take the best time, once on Thursday morning and once on Sunday or any other day! There is lots to be thankful for this year, so while you compete, take a moment and think of something you are thankful for!
I am thankful for the great sponsors that have made it possible to continue this tradition, Lawrence and Wheeler Insurance, Biben’s Ace Hardware, the Springfield Rotary Club, IVEK, and law offices of Lamb and Mcnaughton!
Please do not hesitate to email or call us (802-885-2568) with any questions or concerns.
EdgarMay Executive Director
Event details and schedule