Celiac disease affects 1 in 100 people, and the only treatment is a gluten-free diet.
This Virtual 5K is to support the Celiac Program at Seattle Children’s which aims to build community, raise awareness, and act as a resource for families and medical practitioners.
1. Register here ( to receive bib in time for event, and based on availability, register by 5/14/21)
2. Map out your 5K route (3.1 miles; suggested areas to run/walk below)
3. Run/walk/wheelchair/stroller your 5K between May 24-30th
4. Share photos/times with us on social media using #runningfromgluten5k, and/or Facebook group: Running from Gluten 5K.
5. Via mail, all entrants will receive a race bib and a packet of coupons/offers from our community sponsors based on availability.
6. All proceeds from this even will go towards supporting the Celiac Program at Seattle Children’s Hospital. To donate directly, go here!
Event details and schedule
Below are a few resources to map your 5K route (3.1 miles). Remember to choose areas that are safe and wear a mask as is appropriate.
3) Some locations to consider:
- Magnuson Park (numerous 5K routes in link)
- Green Lake Park: inner loop is 2.8 miles = 4.5 kilometers (1.1 loops = 5K)
- Maple Leaf Park upper paved track is 0.48 miles = 0.77K (6.5 laps = 5K)
- Seward Park Outer loop = 2.6 miles = 4.2 K (1.2 laps = 5K)
- Also: a standard outdoor track is 400 meters (12.5 laps = 5K)
May 24 - 30, 2021
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday