Virtual Patterson Park 5K & Homebrew ContestNovember 13 - December 05, 2020 Organized by B More Global
Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
From November 13 through December 5, to help raise funds to advance B More Global's mission to grow global citizens in Baltimore and send our students on an educational experience abroad, we will be hosting the 8th annual Patterson Park 5K and Homebrew! This year's event will be packed with all the same activities you've come to expect from our event—including a 5K, 1-mile fun run, homebrew competition, and live music—but this year the event will be taking place virtually. Visit our website for more info.
Event details and schedule
You Choose When:
- Run a 5k (3.1 miles) any date/time between Friday, Nov. 13 and Saturday, Dec. 5 by 9 a.m.
- You can record your results on any day or time within this period, but results must be submitted by 9 a.m. EST on Saturday, Dec. 5.
- To be eligible for raffle prizes and time recognition, time results must be submitted (according to the details below) by Tuesday, Dec. 1st at 11:59 p.m.
- Registration for the race will be open until Friday, Dec. 4.
- Design your perfect 5k course from your front door!
- Stick to tradition and run our hilly, challenging course through Patterson Park!
- Treadmill run? Okay!
- The registration fee is $25 for this race.
- All proceeds will go directly toward fulfilling B More Global’s mission of providing Baltimore's students access to educational experiences abroad to develop, empathetic, action-oriented global citizens who can communicate and connect across a wide variety of cultures.
- You can expect to hear from other runners, student travelers, members of B More Global, and more during the race window. Post a selfie to @BMoreGlobal.
- Submit your race time to Active.com after successfully completing the race
- Post a selfie of you running and tag #BMoreGlobal
- Post about your race experience on our Facebook or Instagram page
- Post your time comparison from any previous year’s race results
- In light of COVID-implications on large gatherings and in order to ensure we can plan and execute a solid event, there will be no in-person beer garden.
- Logistics will be modified to avoid any large-scale gathering while still allowing our homebrewers to enter their finest brews in our highly competitive event.
- Participants may register for any of the four brew categories (Hops, Malts, Lights, and Specialties) and collect the specified 6-pack(s) through no-contact pick-up to enjoy in the comfort of their own homes, but they will only receive voting rights to the categories for which they’ve registered.
- A virtual "after party" will take place on the afternoon of December 5, at which point votes will be tallied and homebrew winners will be announced.