The Foot Levelers Blue Ridge Marathon Series has earned its title as “America’s Toughest Road Marathon” by challenging runners with over 7,430 ft. in elevation change, more than any other road marathon in the U.S. This race is the ONLY marathon that runs along the famously scenic Blue Ridge Parkway, and proceeds from this non-profit event benefit the parkway and a dozen local charities every year. The full, half and 10k all prove equally challenging yet rewarding on this mountainous course, and all runners are rewarded with a unique finishers’ medals, shirts and local craft beer at the festival-like finish in downtown Roanoke.
Event details and schedule
Friday, April 16, 2021
- Packet Pick Up/Expo (1-8pm) at the Patrick Henry Hotel
- Foot Levelers will provide free foot scans. Enter to win a free pair of orthotics.
- Pick up last minute items from Fleet Feet Sports.
- Pasta Dinner & VIP Party in Elmwood Park Not your standard stuff pasta dinner with free beer, live music, a meet & greet with the race director, great local food– 5:30-9:00pm
- FREE Runner Welcome Party & Concert in Elmwood Park (downtown Roanoke) starting at 5:00pm. Live Music is a part of the Down by Downtown Music Festival featuring multiple venues throughout downtown Roanoke Thursday through Saturday.
Saturday, April 17, 2021
- 5:30am-7:00am: Packet and chip pick up on Elmwood Park Stage for those who didn’t make it Friday. NO SAME DAY REGISTRATION.
- 7:35am: Full, Half, Relay (leg 1), Star 10K and Family 1 Miler start on Jefferson Street (just outside Elmwood Park)
- 10:00-4pm: Live music, beer garden, food vendors, and more at finish line area. Music is part of the Down by Downtown Music Festival
- A corral system is used to position runners for start based on pace times.
- 10:00am: Anthem Star K award ceremony on Elmwood Park Stage.
- 12:00pm: Half Marathon award ceremony at Elmwood Park Stage.
- 2:00pm: Full Marathon award ceremony at Elmwood Park Stage.
- 3:00-6:00pm: Free Concert & Party in Elmwood for all runners and spectators.
Sunday, April 18, 2021
- 9:00am: Sunday Slow-K, America's Slowest 5k a comraderie and recovery run featuring group stretches, coffee, donuts and mimosa bar. (Sells out!)
GO TO OUR WEBSITE FOR THE FOLLOWING-