This workshop is closed to further registration.
Gaming & Gambling: Introduction & tools for clinical practice
Course Description: This virtual training will provide participants with an in-depth review of gaming and gambling disorders as defined by the DSM-5. We will articulate the convergence of gaming and gambling that has increased rapidly over the past few years. Participants will learn how to screen for gaming and gambling as well as identify possible co-occurring mental health issues as best practices. Participants will learn how to apply CBT techniques with a trauma-informed care approach to these disorders. And participants will learn more about resources and certifications available.
- Describe the historical and modern context of gaming and gambling as a concept
- Articulate the ways gaming and gambling are converging
- Identify the classifications of problematic video gaming or Gaming Disorder and the convergence with gambling
- Identify co-occurring mental health issues to screen at intake.
- Applying CBT as treatment with a TIC approach
- Discuss additional resources and how to obtain more training in gaming & gambling disorders.
Online via Zoom