Two sisters with One vision! Our intention for the Peace of Mind 5k run/walk is to spread positive awareness and raise funds to support programs who help individuals overcome everyday social, emotional, and mental challenges. Proceeds will provide funding for Preventive and Treatment supports for Mental Wellness. We believe, when one mind is peaceful and free, we all thrive as a community. Entrepreneurs and philanthropists can develop and thrive! When we don’t have the tools to foster a healthy mindset through difficult obstacles and challenges; social, emotional, and mental challenges develop and negatively impact our lives. The onset of anxiety, stress and depression occur and can be debilitating. There are forty million individuals in the US alone diagnosed with anxiety. Peace of Mind run/walk is addressing mental health concerns in two different ways, by supporting a social emotional curriculum for children called “Choose Love,” and by raising funds for scholarship opportunities for youth/adults whose challenges have resulted in addictive behaviors and/or other debilitating behaviors. Shining light, awareness and promoting comfortability around these topics by focusing on Preventive Care and Treatment is our focus with the following non-profit and scholarship fund:
· Choose Love Movement - a national non-profit organization focused on social emotional curriculum for school aged youth aimed to bring more awareness in healthy/positive language and providing opportunities for youth to feel loved and seen. https://chooselovemovement.org/
· Peace of Mind Scholarship Fund - A portion of proceeds will be allotted to provide funding for qualified individuals who require financial assistance to access effective mental health services.
We are two sisters aiming to unite hearts and communities, one "peaceful" mind at a time! Join us with this vision!
- Bring in corporate sponsors to support the event
- Raise money to send individuals through effective scholarship programs
- Bring social/emotional curriculums into classrooms
- Create awareness in the overall community to inspire participation
- Build a team of peace-minded community members all running/walking towards the same vision and mission
Event details and schedule
Mail-in and Virtual Registration
To register by mail please complete and return our Mail-in Registration Form! Please make checks payable to StartLine Racing.
Can't make it to this year's event but still want to participate? We are excited to announce our Peace of Mind Virtual Race. A virtual race is a race that can be ran at any location. You can walk, use the treadmill, run outside or participate in another race. You can run your race at your pace wherever you like. All virtual race participants will receive a custom event finisher's medal and custom event dri-fit tech t-shirt. All you have to do is register above! Please note - your virtual packet will be mailed out the week following the event.
Virtual Registrations are restricted to US addresses only. If you reside outside of the US and wish to participate please contact StartLine Racing at email@example.com
All Participants Receive:
Custom Event Finisher's Medal
Custom Event Dri-Fit Tech T-Shirt.
Top Female and Male Finishers will each receive a $50 gift card to Sole Sports and a gift card to Massage Envy.
Age Group Awards for Top Three in all Age Groups. Our age groups are the following:
8 & Under, 9 & 10, 11-13, 14-17, 18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75 & over
Pre- and Post-Race "Runner's Brunch" (granola bars, fruit, water, Gatorade, etc)
Event managed by StartLine Racing. Club SLR discounts do not apply.
Race Day Information
Race Day Registration will be available beginning at 6:30am at Arizona Falls (race location).
We accept cash, check, or credit card on race day
Cost of registration on race day will be $40 for the 5K.
We welcome wheelchairs, strollers & wagons.
No roller blades, skateboards or motorized devices are allowed on the run or walk courses.
Leashed pet friendly
Due to the common start/finish line, there is no bag check for this event.
This event will take place rain or shine. There are no refunds for due to weather.
Race Day Parking will be located at:
- G.R. Herberger Park - 5802 E. Indian School Road, Phoenix AZ 85018 (map)
- Prince of Peace Lutheran Church - 3641 N. 56th St, Phoenix AZ 85018 (map)
- Arcadia Park - 3402 N. 56th St, Phoenix AZ 85018 (map)
Packet Pick-up Opportunities
Packet Pick-up is available on Friday, May 6th from 3-6pm at Sole Sports in Arcadia (map)
- Sole Sports is located at 4730 E Indian School Road, Phoenix, AZ 85018
You can also pickup your packet starting at 6:30am on race day.
- May 6 3:00 PM - Packet Pick-Up at Sole Sports Arcadia from 3-6pm
- May 7 6:30 AM - Race Day Registration and Packet Pickup Opens
- May 7 7:30 AM - 5K Run/Walk Begins
- May 7 8:30 AM - Awards Ceremony Begins (approx.)