Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
Petrified Forest National Park1 Park Road Petrified Forest, AZ 86028
Pedal the Petrified is a non-competitive cycling tour ride in the Petrified Forest National Park presented by Northland Pioneer College Friends & Family. This is an exclusive opportunity limited to only 250 riders to enjoy a supported ride for all levels and capabilities. The event features a choice of both Metric Century and Metric Half-Century routes, with stops for food and water approximately every five miles. The Petrified Forest and the Painted Desert are breathtaking, so this ride is truly a unique experience. All proceeds support student scholarships at Northland Pioneer College, the only comprehensive community college serving all of Navajo and Apache counties in northeastern Arizona. Read a riders persepctive and see more reviews and photos on our Facebook page.
Create your own sponsorship page when you register for the ride! Get your friends and family to sponsor you per mile, or make a single donation! Help us reach our goal of $50,000 in sponsorships! If every rider raises at least $200 in sponsorships, we can do it!!
Event details and schedule
RIDE DATE: Saturday, Sept. 19,2020
LIMIT: 250 Riders
COST: $104/rider - includes rider t-shirt
LOCATION: Petrified Forest National Park (park entrance 26 miles east of Holbrook, Arizona on Interstate 40, mile post 311)
RIDE OPTIONS:(See ride map and description for details.)
- Metric Century: 100 km/63-mile round trip through the park. Ride starts at 7 a.m. at Tiponi Point, and finishes at Tiponi Point.
- Metric Half-Century: 50 km/31-mile one-way trip to "Rainbow Forest" with transportation back to the start at Tiponi Point. Ride starts at 7:00 a.m. at Tiponi Point and ends at Rainbow Forest.
PURPOSE OF RIDE: Our goal is to raise at least $50,000 for NPC student scholarships by asking riders to seek sponsorships and/or donations to NPC Fridends & Family.
For FAQs please visit www.npc.edu/Pedal4Scholarships
MEAL OPTIONS: This year's ride features three post-ride meal options that can be purchased through registration! Choices include a Navajo Taco, Prickly Pear Pulled Pork Sandwich, or Vegetarian Tepa Burger. Gluten free bread and no-cheese options are available upon request. All meals will be served at the Painted Desert Diner at the north end of the park. When you purchase a meal through the registration form, you will receive a coupon for your meal at rider check-in. Simply take the coupon to the Painted Desert Diner after you finish your ride to receive your meal!
- All participants must sign a legal waiver.
- Due to the limited number of riders, we are NOT able to give refunds or allow registration transfers.
- Children ages 10 and over may participate if they are accompanied at all times by a designated adult. Children under the age of 18 must have a parent/guardian sign a waiver.
- NO CHILDREN OR PETS are permitted to ride in bike-mounted carriers or bike trailers.
- All participants are required to wear a bike helmet. If you arrive with no helmet, you will not be permitted to ride. This is a park requirement!
- Your participation in this ride will only be reserved upon complete payment of the bike rider fee.
- All participants must obey all traffic laws and Petrified Forest National Park regulations. All roads in the park will still be open to traffic.
- No littering.
- Shuttle service will be available for riders who participate in the 50km/31-mile ride back to the north entrance.
- Emergency services will be available within the park. All riders are expected to accommodate their own non-emergency medical needs.
- Each SAG stop will have water and snacks available. Riders should bring refillable bottles for water. Riders are expected to accommodate their own dietary restrictions and bring preferred food/drink items with them.
- The Pedal the Petrified bike ride will run as scheduled, rain or shine. No refunds or vouchers will be provided due to inclement weather. Participants are responsible for preparing for and reacting to weather conditions.
- Riders are responsible for their own safety.
- A pre-ride check-in event will take place on Friday, September 18, 2020 at the Northland Pioneer College Painted Desert Campus, 2251 E. Navajo Blvd., Holbrook, AZ 86025. Riders may pick up their ride packets between 3:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. MST.
QUESTIONS: Call Betsyann Wilson at (928) 536-6245 or send her an email.