Moonlight Ride benefitting Paducah Cooperative Ministry is rolling again on July 31, 2021. Over the years, cyclists from across our region have helped PCM raise more than $100,000 and enjoyed the exciting experience of riding through Lowertown, Down Town and the West Side of Paducah.
First of all, we’re happy to be returning a one-evening event but instead of everyone setting off at the same time, riders will start the ride any time they’d like. This will help us avoid crowding and follow CDC distancing protocols.
Event details and schedule
Here’s how to put yourself on the road:
- Register to ride at moonlightridepaducah.com any time between now and July 31st;
- Register before July 16 to receive a FREE commemorative tee shirt;
- Come to BikeWorld between 7:30 and 10:00 on July 31st, , collect your tee shirt and set off on your Ride any time you’d like;
- End the ride back at BikeWorld where the course ends, sign the event Banner and take a photo of yourself and post it on Moonlight Ride’s Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Moonlightbikeride.
You should also know:
- There will be guides at intersections from 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm;
- You’re welcome to ride 10:00 until 11:30 but there will be no intersection guides;
- In Kentucky your bike must have a red reflector or rear light visible for at least 100 feet and a red light or a flashing red light visible from the rear of the bike for at least five hundred feet. These have to be used beginning one-half hour before sunset. Sunset in Paducah on July 31 is at 8:02. This is similar to other states, except that the front light can also be put on the cyclist rather than the bike. Glo-sticks will be for sale at the event;
- In Kentucky your bike must also have a bell, horn or other noise making device that is NOT a siren or whistle.
Cost is $15 for youth 5-16 and $25 for adults
BikeWorld parking lot
809 Joe Clifton Drive
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU AT MOONLIGHT RIDE 2021