- In a small bowl, mix together the Greek yogurt, onion, chives, mayonnaise and mustard. Set aside. If you have the time, prepare the sauce ahead of time and keep in the refrigerator. This allows flavors to meld together and will enhance the taste of the sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut 1 1/2 slices of whole wheat bread into bite-size pieces and place the pieces on a baking sheet.
- Cook in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Stir the bread pieces and place them back in the oven for an additional 5 to 15 minutes, checking every few minutes.
- Remove the bread pieces from the oven when they're crisp and golden brown.
- Place them on a cutting board. Using a rolling pin, grind the bread pieces into fine crumbs.
- While the bread is baking, drain the water from the fish. Using a fork, break the fish into small pieces.
- Add pepper, onions, chives, mayonnaises and mustard; mix well.
- Stir in the egg and bread crumbs; mix well.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Heat the skillet on medium heat with 2 teaspoons canola oil or coat with nonstick spray.
- Use approximately 1/4 cup of the fish mixture for each patty.
- Place the patties in the skillet and cook for approximately 5 to 8 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve on whole wheat bread or buns, and top with sauce, tomato slices and spinach. Or, enjoy with a vegetable.
Perfect your nutrition to boost your performance. Sign up for a race near you.