We're sorry, but this activity is over. The last meeting was Friday, August 12, 2022.
Safety Town is a week long day camp co-sponsored by Chehalem Park and Recreation District and Newberg-Dundee Police. This safety focused program will emphasize on the following safety subjects: personal safety, water, fire, electric, animal, pedestrian, bicycle, poison and school bus safety. Guest speakers, songs and crafts bring fun with learning. For kids going into K-1st grade during the 2022-2023 school year.
- Please bring child's bike helmet to camp on the first day with child's name clearly printed on it. Helmet must be with child each day at camp. If you do not have a helmet, let the staff know at check in; we have a few extra helmets.
- Each child will receive a Safety Town t-shirt and back pack on the first day of camp, please send both with child each day.
- Please send a snack with your child each day! Please avoid all nuts to protect children with allergies. Snacks should be in a plastic or paper disposable bag with the child's name labeled clearly on it.
- Children need to wear close toed shoes!
- An email will be mailed out to parents with more information one week prior to the start of the camp.
- If you would like your child to wear sunscreen please apply before camp, counselors will not be able to assist with this during camp.
- Please do not send extra items or anything this is not disposable with your child. Numerous items are left unclaimed at the end of camp, so please leave personal items at home. For example: water bottles, lunch boxes, extra clothes, toys, personal back packs, etc.
- Safety Town Campers will go on a school bus ride during the camp to learn about bus safety.
- Please join us for Safety Town Graduation on the last day of camp. Feel free to invite family and friends.
AR Armory Bldg at Armory Complex
AR Youth Center at Armory Complex
Jennie Delp CPRD