Escape New York 2022 is launched EARLY!
Enjoy the support and hospitality of the New York Cycle Club (NYCC) as we go all out to deliver a food-filled, fun-filled and fabulous day of riding to our friends in the cycling community.
All rides start and finish at Sakura Park in Manhattan, conveniently located at 122nd Street and Riverside Drive (across the street from Grant’s Tomb) and easily accessible from the 125th Street stop on the 1 train.
Proceeds benefit Recycle-A-Bicycle’s Kids Ride Club and I Challenge Myself, two local NYC charities that help local at-risk youth through cycling, healthy living, and nutrition.
Event details and schedule
6:00 am 125-Mile and 100-Mile Routes Registration and Departure
7:00 am 75-Mile and 65-mill Gravel/Dirt Route Departure
8:00 am 50-Mile Route Departure
9:00 am 25-Mile Route Departure
10:00 am Check-in & day-of registration closes
12:00 pm Finish Line Festival starts
5:30 pm Course Closes
6:00 pm Festival Closes
All times are Eastern Daylight Time.
We ride rain or shine. No refunds for no shows.
Helmets are mandatory for all riders – No Exceptions!
New Jersey Law requires SINGLE-FILE riding.
Cue sheets and GPS files will be available will be available prior to the event.
All routes have expanded SAG support. You will receive an emergency phone number.
New York Cycle Club reserves the right to limit day-of registrations based on early registrations.
We will jumpstart your ride with a breakfast that offers plenty of carbs and coffee to get you going. Along the route re-fuel and meet NYCC members at our well-stocked rest stops. After completing your ride, celebrate your accomplishment at our post-ride festival, featuring food, entertainment, and a raffle with exceptional prizes. Don’t forget to check out our Sponsor Village for product information, giveaways, and discounts.
Choose one of six well-marked routes that will take you over the George Washington Bridge and into the West Hudson Highlands of Bergen and Rockland Counties (ride destinations subject to change until final routes are updated):
- Century Challenge, 100 miles. Are you an experienced rider looking to conquer new territory? Climb over 5,000 feet while completing a full century through charming towns and beautiful countryside that takes you to the edge of Harriman State Park.
- Rockland Roll, 65 miles. Is a metric century more your style? Triumph over 3,000 feet of elevation gain as you wind your way up hill and down dale to scenic Rockland Lake State Park.
- Piermont Pleasures, 50 miles. Do you prefer a “touring” approach to cycling? Enjoy the scenery on our half century excursion to the historic village of Piermont on the Hudson.
- Bergen Spin, 25 miles. New to cycling? Is this your first time riding outside of the Hudson Greenway or Central Park? Expand your horizons as you amble through the leafy suburbs of Bergen County.
- NEW! The Randonneur's Special, 125 miles. Also known as a Double Metric Century. Not officially a Randonneur ride - YET! But if 100 miles isn't enough for you , you'll love this ride. Everything our 100 mile century offres plus 25 more picturesque miles north of the city.
- Almost New! (Since 2018) AND VERY HOT! The latest trend in cycling is gravel or dirt riding. Leave it to NYCC members to be in the avant gard of cycling and to give you the Piermont Pleasures and then add to it the joy of one of the best paths we could find for gravel and dirt riding between the city and Nyack. Riders loved it so much in 2019, we are bringing it back with added gusto.
All registrants over the age of 18 who aren't already New York Cycle Club members will receive a free trial 3-month membership! From July 1st through the ride to the end of September 2021 enjoy great club benefits including member-led rides in the tri-state area; access to an extensive ride library; monthly club meetings featuring exciting speakers; fun social events; discounts at local bike shops; and more.
Register early to secure your spot and save(*** see note below):
$99 Super Early Bird Registration (through December 31)
$119 Early Bird Registration (January 1 – March 31)
- $129 Spring Registration (April 1 – May 31)
- $139 Early Summer Registration (June 1 - June 30)
- $149 Mid Summer Registration (July 1 - July 31)
- $159 Late Summer Registration (August 1 - August 31)
- $169 September Registration (September 1 - September 23)
- $179 Day-of Registration (September 24)
***If Covid has adversely affected your financial situation and you need a break on the cost of the ride, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do what we can to enable you to do the ride. In order to deliver an experience of the quality we have historically and be pandemic-sensitive, costs have risen as has the price of the ride. But our goal is to make this ride affordabe to all who want to ride it.
All further details of the ride are available on our web site at enynycc.org - check back often for updates!