Join the Town of Marana Parks and Recreation Department for our Free National Trails day nighttime headlight hike.
Wild Mustang Bench: This hike is an opportunity to enjoy breathtaking views of the night sky and surrounding cityscape. We will be hiking up to the bench on Wild Mustang Trail (Orange trail on the Hiking the Tortolita Mountains trail map) by way of Hotel Spur (Dashed Red Trail) and Upper Javelina Trail (Red Trail) to Wild Mustang (Orange Trial). This hike is approximately 4.5 miles long with about 900' hard fought feet of elevation gain. This will be a strenuous hike with a slower pace plan on 3 - 4 hours to enjoy or leisurely hike.
Time is approximate depending on individual hike speeds Be sure to bring your Headlamp!
For your safety and comfort:
- Bring a Headlamp or Flashlight
- Wear suitable hiking boots (No open toe shoes)
- Bring a snacks
- Carry a minimum of 3 quarts of water per person
- Bring a walking stick if you desire
- There are no restrooms or water stations on the trail.
- Pets are not permitted.
- Hikers under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- This will be a seep and rocky trail.
- Hiking can be challenging; hikers should be aware of their physical abilities and that of their children.
Wild Burro Trailhead at Wild Burro Trailhead