Thank you for registering for the 2021 Kokopelli Classic Trail Runs! We are very excited for everyone to experience the beauty of the Kokopelli Trail System. Some small changes have been made to the trail routes this year, for a view of the map please visit our website at www.mesacountysearchandrescue.org. This year we have taken out more than TWO MILES of the route that was on the gravel road and moved it to the trails!
MORE TRAIL, LESS ROAD!
Event details and schedule
Each race will start within a half hour of each other, see the schedule below.
Registration on day of race will begin as early as 6:00 am at the start/finish line.
- 1/2 marathon begins at 7:00 am
- 8 mile begins at 7:30 am
- 5k begins at 8:00 am
PACKET PICK UP DETAILS
- Where: Monumental Beer Works
- When: 8/27 4-7pm
- What: Bring ID for pickup
We will have aid stations available with water, an electrolyte drink, and snacks. These aid station locations are also on the maps, again please visit our website to check out the race routes.
Everyone must sign a waiver when the check-in at the trailhead the morning of the race; we will have them printed and ready for you to review and sign. Don't forget your ID. Here you will also receive your t-shirt, swag bag, and possibly even check out our online auction! A handful of local businesses have donated some sweet items this year.
Don't forget to bring your own snacks, water, and sunscreen.
A friendly reminder for anyone registered for the 5k, the ground of these trails is rocky and uneven, so it is NOT a stroller friendly trail.
Be ready to see some beautiful view and make great memories!
Rules and Regulations:
1. All participant's below the age of 18 must have their registration forms signed by either a parent or guardian.
2. Race bib numbers must be worn at all times during the race. Bib numbers should be pinned on the chest area of your shirt.
3. All protests related to the results must be made in writing and submitted to the race director within 30 minutes after the official announcement of winners.
5. The organizer's decision is final.
6. The organizer reserves the right to make changes at its discretion without prior notice.
All participants and spectators are required to park their vehicles in the designated race parking area and not in the designated mountain biking parking area.
1. In the event of heavy rain, lightning, haze or other adverse weather conditions, the event may be delayed or canceled.
2. Should bad weather persist beyond 8:00am or the conditions be deemed unsuitable, the event will be canceled.
3. If rain occurs after the race has started, you may continue unless otherwise advised by the designated race official.