This class starts with the basics of watercolor painting and covers topics including positive and negative space, the value scale, wet on dry and wet on wet techniques, and creating washes. Students will work from assigned subjects as well as from photos and sketches of their choice. Find out how fun watercolor can be!
1. Round brushes (soft animal hair or white synthetic) #12, #6, 10/0, and any other brushes you have.
2. #0.5 mm mechanical pencil (Walmart) 2 pack
3. White eraser or Faber eraser for lightening pencil lines
4. 140 lb. cold press watercolor paper - 11"x15" pad with 30 sheets (Strathmore or Canson brand - Walmart)
5. 1" masking tape and Blue trim tape
6. Large cup for water
7. Student grade set of watercolor paint in small tubes
8. Plastic or Styrofoam plates or plastic palette
9. Roll of paper towels
10. Bring any other supplies you have.
For any questions call Ronald Williams at 910-264-1747