Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
Lake Oswego Parks & RecreationPO Box 369 Lake Oswego, OR 97034
Ladies: learn to be comfortable on the trail. Learn braking, shifting, body position, pedal position, climbing, descending, cornering and navigating minor trail obstacles on the trails at Luscher Farm. Bring your own working bike and helmet.
Skill Level: 1 (beginner)
Fitness level: Easy / active
Come learn the fundamentals of mountain biking in a fun and safe environment.
We will practice:
- Body position
- Pedal position
- Navigating minor trail obstacles
Skills will be taught using the following structure:
1. First we explain what the skill is and when you would use it. Then we will explain how to do the skill and what it should feel like.
2. We demonstrate the skill so you have a visual of what the execution of the skill looks like.
3. We have you practice the skill, in a progressive manner with lots of encouragement and assistance, if needed.
4. Apply the skill out on the trail (if conditions allow).
The focus will be on progression of skills. Our goal is to create a safe and welcoming environment. We will make sure no one gets left behind.
We will also cover group communication, trail etiquette, and basic bike maintenance. Classes will be led by an IMBA certified mountain bike coach.
The majority of the classes will be at Luscher Farm where we can practice skills in an open area to reduce intimidation and provide an excellent learning environment. Be prepared to travel to neighboring parks for a couple of the classes where the terrain will provide an opportunity to learn new skills.
. Sports Staff