Join the Scott Carter Foundation at the Happiest Place on Earth to make a difference in Children’s Cancer Research!
2021 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend
February 18-21, 2021
Enjoy a Royal Race Weekend! It's an enchanting occasion for princesses and princes of all ages, featuring events for all skill levels, coveted regal medals and Disney entertainment! Meet some of your favorite Disney Princesses, pose for photos and make your way to the finish that ends happily ever after!
Scott Carter was a 13-year old boy who died in December 1993 after a courageous three-year battle with bone cancer. The Scott Carter Foundation was formed to help make Scott’s dream of finding a cure a reality. Because SCF is operated by volunteers, almost all money raised will go toward finding a cure. Scott believed that if enough time, energy and money were devoted to children’s cancer research, a cure could be found. Please join us as we run through Walt Disney World, as Scott did as a child, and make a difference for children’s cancer research! www.scottcarterfoundation.org
Disney Princess 5K (2/19/2021)
Entry Fee $89 (Non-refundable); Fundraising Minimum $300
Disney Enchanted 10K (2/20/2021)
Entry Fee $129 (Non-refundable); Fundraising Minimum $300
Disney Fairy Tale Challenge (2/20-21/2021)
Entry Fee $350 (Non-refundable); Fundraising Minimum $300
- Guaranteed Race Entry
- Eligible for specially-priced Walt Disney World® Resort Rates and Park Tickets
- Training programs and tips
- Event T-Shirt
- Finisher Medal
- Official Digital Event Guide (available approximately one month ahead of the event)
- Customized online fundraising page and tips to help you reach your goal
How it Works
- Pay for your entry fee here on active.com
- Create a fundraising page (Link to be sent to runner by SCF)
- Use the runDisney special link to register for your event (Link to be sent to runner by SCF once runDisney releases the special charity registrations)
Additional Fundraising Options
SCF will offer all runners additional fundraising incentives between now and race weekend
All runners are only required to pay their entry fee and complete fundraising requirements to participate! We must follow all runDisney policies so there are no refunds under any circumstances. Runners are not required to pay for resort rooms or park tickets. However, as Disney extends discounts to SCF, we will share these discounts with our runners for their full benefit and enjoyment!
SCF is unable to give refunds. All entry fees are forwarded directly to runDisney. All fundraising minimums are required to be paid in full regardless of whether or not you complete the event. In the event you know you will not be able participate ahead of time, if runDisney is still allowing registrations, we will waive the fundraising requirement if you are able to find a replacement to fulfill all requirements. ALL FUNDRAISING DUE JANUARY 10, 2021, IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE IN THE EVENT.
Participants must attend Race Bib Pick-Up at the runDisney Health & Fitness Expo to receive their race bib and participant shirt. Finisher medals will be distributed to finishers at the conclusion of their race. No items will be mailed to registrants that did not participate.
Dates, times, locations, prices and inclusions subject to change. All races are subject to capacity limits and may close at any time before the website can be updated. Registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Disney reserves the right to refuse the entry into, and/or revoke any registration for, any race for any reason in its sole discretion with refund of any applicable registration fees being the sole remedy of any such refusal and/or revocation.
RESERVE YOUR SPOT TODAY!
Ann Weber - (918) 991-2600 – SCFRunEvents@gmail.com
Event details and schedule
All the following information can be found on runDisney.com. Policies and Procedures
Get to know our runDisney guidelines—from registration and waivers to costumes, weather and more.Eligibility
Guests are encouraged to participate so long as each participant is eligible for the particular racing event, as follows:
- Participants for Walt Disney World Marathon, Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge and Dopey Challenge must be 18 years of age or older.
- Participants for Walt Disney World Half Marathon must be 14 years of age or older.
- Participants for the Walt Disney World 10K must be 10 years of age or older.
- All participants for the Walt Disney World 5K must be 5 years of age on race day to participate and must be able to complete the 5K on their own.
- Children ages 4 to 13 can participate in the One Mile Run. The Kids Dashes include varying distances for ages 8 and younger. Parents are allowed to run with their children who have been registered for a runDisney Kids race.
Please familiarize yourself with the following runDisney registration policies:
- Entry fees for the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend events, Commemorative Items, donations or any other event-related purchases are non-refundable and include a separate processing fee, except for donations.
- Disney reserves the right to refuse the entry into, and/or revoke any registration for, any race for any reason in its sole discretion with refund of any applicable registration fees being the sole remedy of any such refusal and/or revocation.
- Registrations may be transferred within the same race weekend to a longer race distance, as long as the desired race distance is not sold out. Transfers are not allowed for the runDisney Kids Races. The Guest must log into their runDisney account and select the registration they wish to transfer. Once the Guest has selected the new distance they wish to transfer to, the Guest will be prompted to pay any difference in registration price (if any) and then a transfer processing fee will be applied.
- Race entries/bibs are not transferrable from one person/participant to another person/participant. Sale, trade and/or transfer of race entry/bib number is strictly prohibited and may result in the disqualification of and/or banning of offenders from participating at future events. Anyone caught attempting to sell or transfer their race entry/bib to another person/participant, pick up another person's/participant's race entry/bib, or participate in a race using another participant's race entry/bib, will have said race entry/bib cancelled and/or revoked, be disqualified and be removed from the race without refund.
- Event merchandise purchased is subject to sales tax. Participant must pick up all event merchandise before the end of the Expo. Uncollected merchandise will not be shipped to participants. runDisney and its affiliates reserve the right to dispose of uncollected merchandise in any manner at their sole discretion.
Dates, times and prices subject to change. All races are subject to capacity limits and may close at any time.Pacing Requirements
Except for runDisney Kids Races, all participants must be able to maintain a 16-minute-per-mile pace. A training pace of 15-minute-per-mile pace is recommended.
Pace cyclists will be on the course waving light wands or flags to indicate when runners are behind pace at each mile marker in accordance with the official pace time. If you reach a mile marker with a waving light wand or flag, you are behind the required 16-minute-per-mile pace and can be picked up at any time and taken to the tent in the Family Reunion Area.Proof of Time Guidelines
If you believe you will finish the Half Marathon in 2 hours and 45 minutes (2:45) or less or the Marathon in 5 hours and 30 minutes (5:30) or less, proof of time is required for start corral placement. If you believe you will finish the half marathon in over 2:45 or the Marathon in over 5:30, proof of time is not required. Corral placement is based on your anticipated finish time and corral capacities. Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge and Dopey Challenge participants should adhere to Full Marathon proof of time requirements. Proof of time is not required for the 5K and 10K races. Please reference the Pacing Requirements in the Events Section for finish times and associated pacing per mile for the Half Marathon or Marathon.
We do not accept relays, self-timed, training, trail runs or virtual runs as proof of time. Proof of time must be provided by the participant for each individual race from an officially timed 10K, 12K, 15K, 10-Mile, Half Marathon or Marathon race reflecting results within the last 2 years.
Past runDisney races may be used as proof of time, however you will need to submit them with your race registration. Runners will be placed in the last corral if the required proof of time is not submitted. If you submit a proof of time from a race distance other than a Half Marathon or Marathon, an industry standard calculation will be applied to equate your finish time.
A valid proof of time provided at the time of registration must include the following: Name of Race, Distance, City, State, Date, Finish time, Link to Results.
If proof of time is not provided by the Proof of Time deadline (see Event Section Proof of Time Guidelines), or if the data provided is incomplete or cannot be verified, you will be placed in the last start corral. No corral changes will be made after such date.
For any questions regarding proof of time, please email email@example.comWaivers
Event waivers will be available online approximately 2 weeks before the race. Please keep in mind the following:
- You must have your signed waiver and a photo ID with you to pick up your race bib.
- A parent or legal guardian must complete and sign the waiver for any participant under 18 years old. No exceptions will be made.
Participants must pick up their own race bib during regularly scheduled hours during the runDisney Health & Fitness Expo. Individuals will not be able to pick up race bibs on behalf of others. Please remember to fill out the Emergency Medical Information on the back of the bib number. The letter on your bib will determine your assigned corral.
Parents or legal guardians must download and complete the personalized race waiver for their children and pick up their race bib.
All participants must have a valid ID in order to pick up your race bib (driver's license, passport, Military ID, Government issued ID). If you do not have a valid photo ID, we cannot issue you your race bib. No exceptions will be made.
It is the responsibility of the runner to wear the bib during the race. Please wear the race bib centered on the front of your outermost garment. In order to receive an accurate time, please confirm that your bib is:
- Clearly visible on the front of the torso
- Unaltered and unmodified (do not fold or wrinkle or iron)
- Pinned in all four corners
- Not covered with shirts, jackets, winter wear, runner belts, water bottles, etc.
Any participant who conducts themselves in an unsportsmanlike manner or who is offensive in action or language to event officials, other participants, volunteers or spectators may be disqualified. Individuals disqualified from a race will be removed from the race results and may be barred from future runDisney events.
runDisney and its affiliates reserve the right to refuse the entry into, and/or revoke any registration for, any race for any reason in its sole discretion with refund of any applicable registration fees being the sole remedy of any such refusal and/or revocation.Safety Reminders
Our utmost concern at Disney is to ensure the safety and comfort of our Guests. With this in mind, we've outlined a few safety guidelines as follows:
- All runners, Guests and their costumes and bags are subject to screening prior to entering the event staging areas.
- Weapons of any kind or objects that appear to be actual weapons, including toy guns, are not allowed for any participants. See Costume Guidelines for examples of acceptable toy accessories.
- For everyone's safety, items including baby joggers, strollers, baby carriers, baby backpacks, skates, scooters, bicycles, skateboards, canes, crutches, walkers, walking sticks, selfie sticks and animals of any kind are prohibited from the course. Violators will be removed from the course and transported to the finish line area.
- Headphones are discouraged due to audio messages that are placed throughout the course to ensure runner safety.
- runDisney can offer human guides to assist registered participants with disabilities. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 90 days in advance of the event.
- Any children under the race age requirement will not be permitted in corrals, on course, or in runner-only areas. Unregistered individuals will be denied entry into race corrals. Only registered athletes are permitted in runner only areas.
Guidelines for Flags at runDisney Races
For the safety of all of the spectators and runners, certain items will be prohibited from the start/finish staging areas and the race courses, including:
- Flags of any kind that are larger than 3′ x 5′ regardless of how the flag is intended to be carried are prohibited.
- Flag poles cannot be longer than 4 feet or have a diameter of more than 4 inches. No metal poles; only wood, plastic or PVC.
- No poles with decorative or sharp ends will be allowed; only flat or rounded ends.
- Flag harnesses are only permitted if the participant bib is not covered and the harness does not pose a safety hazard.
Please review the Walt Disney World Resort Park Rules for further details.Costumes
All participants and their Guests may dress as their favorite character, and while costumed attire may be worn during runDisney events, we require strict adherence to Disney policies.
Please familiarize yourself with our guidelines below. You can also watch our Costume Guidelines video.
Also, we recommend not bringing non-essential bags with you on race day. (See gEAR Bag Check). All items will be inspected. Anything considered in violation of safety requirements will cause you to be denied entry.
The Walt Disney Company Costume Guidelines:
- Costumes must be family-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive, objectionable or violent.
- Guests who dress like characters may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests.
- Costumes may not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest.
- Costumes may not contain any toy weapons, which resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
- Costumes and some masks may be worn, as long the mask does not cover the entire face and eyes are visible.
- Layered costumes that could conceal prohibited items are not permitted.
- Costume props, including those that surround the entire body are not permitted.
- Costumes may not reach or drag on the ground (e.g., full-length Princess dresses)
- Capes may be worn if the length does not go below the waist.
- Themed T-shirts, blouses, sweatshirts and hats are acceptable.
- Acceptable accessories include transparent wings, plastic light sabers, toy swords and tutus. Headwear may be worn as long as it does not cover the face.
- No masks of any kind.
- No costumed attire can be worn in Disney Theme Parks during operating hours. As a result, you may need to change attire prior to visiting the parks once the race is over.
Guests who do not adhere to these guidelines may be refused entry into and/or removed from a race or any race-related event/activity unless their costume can be modified to meet the above standards.
Disney reserves the right to deny admission to or remove any person wearing attire that we consider inappropriate or attire that could detract from the experience of other Guests.Weather
The race will be held rain or shine. If there is lightning in the area, the race will either have a delayed start or—depending on the intensity of the weather—it may be cancelled. The determination will be made by the Event Management staff.
runDisney reserves the right to change the details of the event, including altering the course route, delaying, canceling, or suspending the race due to inclement weather or other potential safety risks. Participants must retire at once from the race if ordered to do so by runDisney officials, medical staff or any governmental authority.
As a reminder, registration fees are non-refundable.gEAR Bag Check
gEAR Bag Check is available for runDisney race weekends. A clear plastic bag will be issued to you at Race Bib Pick-Up to be used for gEAR Bag Check service. No other bag will be accepted. Valuable items should not be checked. runDisney is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen items.Medals
Participant medals for each race distance will be distributed to runners at the completion of their race. Finisher medals for all Challenges will be distributed to those runners who finish the applicable races and meet the challenge requirements. Those runners who do not finish each component will not be eligible to receive a Challenge finisher medal. None of these items will be mailed to registrants.