Our health and fitness is more important than ever. That is why we created the Cross The Cross Run/Walk quarterly series.
The running competition begins at Windansea Beach, heads up challenging Mount Soledad, ventures around the cross at the Veterans Memorial, and finishes with a majestic downhill back to the ocean. There are water stations and volunteers along the way to offer encouragement and hydration. Runners and walkers of all levels are encouraged to participate and track their progress throughout the year.
The race will host 30 competitors who will be provided bibs and water bottles. Medals will be awarded to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. Social distancing will be practiced.
The race will take place Saturday, March 20th starting at 8:00 AM. We ask that competitors arrive to the start 20-30 minutes prior to first gun, such that we may distribute bibs and shwag in a timely fashion.
Please note, this is an OPEN COURSE race so we ask that all contestants obey pedestrian traffic law and be diligent when running.
Registration cost is $20.00 and event profits will be donated to charities contributing to veterans health & wellness, cancer relief & research, and social equity. Register today as the event is limited to the first 30 racers who sign up.
Event details and schedule
- Start @ Windansea Beach (corner of Nautilus and Neptune)
- Continue straight up Nautilus for about 2 miles
- Turn left onto La Jolla Scenic Drive
- After .5 miles turn right on Soledad Park Rd.
- Do a counterclockwise lap around Mt. Soledad Veterans Memorial & start back toward beach
- Merge onto La Jolla Scenic Drive
- Turn right down Nautilus
- Finish at Windansea Beach