The Isle of Palms Connector Run offers a 5k run, 5k walk and a 10k run with one of the most scenic views in the South. All funds raised go directly to local organizations for the prevention of child abuse right here in Charleston. Come and support our cause and this unique opportunity to run or walk over the Isle of Palms Connector.
The Isle of Palms Connector Run is on October 2nd, 2021 will be a challenging road race across the IOP Connector. Starting at 8 AM on the Isle of Palms, crossing into Mount Pleasant and returning to IOP, 10K and 5K runners and walkers of all experience levels and ages will be rewarded with beautiful vistas of the Atlantic Ocean, Intracoastal Waterway, local creeks, marshes and waterfowl. The post-race festival for the whole family will feature a complimentary live band, beer garden, cash prizes, awards ceremony and vendor exhibits.
Presented by the Isle of Palms Exchange Club, The City of Isle of Palms and the Town of Mount Pleasant.
Event details and schedule
Runner Instructions for an Enjoyable Race!
Before the Race:
- The Isle of Palms Connector, Hwy 517 will close at 7 am Saturday morning. After 7 am, use the Ben Sawyer bridge and Sullivan’s Island.
- Parking is at the Isle of Palms City lot on Pavilion. Volunteers will direct you to parking.
- Overflow parking is at the Charleston County Park on Ocean Blvd.
- For the safety of the runners, no pets allowed on the course.
- Race starts at 8 AM for both the 10K and 5K on Palm Blvd.
- Strollers and walkers begin near the back of the group.
- Walkers allowed on 5K course only.
During the Race:
- Your race bib and number must always be visible from the front.
- Only registered runners are allowed on the course.
- Keep your race bib flat to ensure accurate timing.
- If you need medical assistance, notify the nearest volunteer in a grey t-shirt.
- Water will be provided along the course at the 5K and 10K turnarounds, as well as at the finish line after the race.
Post Race Party:
- Enjoy the post race festivities open to you and your guests. Live band, food, and beer for those 21 and older with ID.
- Activities for children.
- All awards based on chip time.
- Age Group Medals for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, Male and Female, in each age group for both 5K and 10K
- Cash awards for overall winners